• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC graded comic sleeves with sealing flap?

27 posts in this topic

Ours are polypropylene, they are clearer as well.

I'll second this - I have bags from both.

HOTFLIPS has the better product.

I'll third this! :insane:

I also bought some mylars for slabs from Hotflips that are real nice but have a little tighter fit in a slab box.....

please for the love of G-d, do not use tape of any kind with any mylar enclosure. that is asking for a need to replace your bag when you go to open it

please for the love of G-d, do not use tape of any kind with any mylar enclosure. that is asking for a need to replace your bag when you go to open it

why is this? they tear easily?

Mylar + tape = mess

Unless you can find some less sticky tape. Stuff like scotch tape sticks to the mylar like glue. The adhesive and tape will separate.

I have had good luck with less sticky tape. Masking tape can do in a pinch, but there are nice translucent blue tapes that will work well with mylar. I just can't find where to consistently buy it.

why is this? they tear easily?

Mylar + tape = mess

Unless you can find some less sticky tape. Stuff like scotch tape sticks to the mylar like glue. The adhesive and tape will separate.

I have had good luck with less sticky tape. Masking tape can do in a pinch, but there are nice translucent blue tapes that will work well with mylar. I just can't find where to consistently buy it.

Magic tape works fine with my mylite2s. I never use regular scotch tape, even on the polybags, now those are a mess.