• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry Cover Scans - With or Without the CGC Label?

6 posts in this topic

My scanner doesn't fit an entire slab, so my scans only show the bottom part of the label and always look "incomplete". Sometimes I'll use a seller's scan if it's got the entire label present, but I prefer to use my own scans.

Anyhow, I've been thinking of adding scans that crop out the label entirely and I was wondering what folks think... Should registry scans include the label or is it permissable to show only the book?

I think this is up to you. I have see many set with CGC comics photos without the bottom or only half of the CGC comic showing.

Personnaly I prefer seeing the label because of what it is written on it (Cover artist, general notes etc.).

Seeing the label is nice, but if you're stuck with a choice between showing the full comic cover & showing the label, I'd say go with the comic & forget the label. You can always type the label info as the Description info.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Sounds like the consensus is that I can use whatever scan I want.

I'll have to give it some more thought. I agree that having the label in the scan looks better than no label. My problem is that I just don't like how my scans look when I only have the bottom half of the label. I guess I'm an "all or nothing" type...

I suppose I could always shell out for a legal sized scanner. That would put the issue to rest. ;)