• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed - No Longer for sale.

106 posts in this topic

I thought you saw this copy on ebay and now you're selling it? Did you buy it or did you own it all along?

Saw one on eBay -looks nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270520656759

What's it worth?

This is mine and yes I was selling it on eBay.

I asked whats it worth before I started the auction. I did not want to look like a fool for asking a dumb question for the price of a book I owned. I have the 2007 guide so mine was 2 years old. That's why I denied it. I now have the 2009 overstreet guide that I paid the $25 for the internet download, so its all good. The book did not sell on eBay. My opening bid was $1,075 which it did not sell for - ended with 0 bids. I had a guy offer me $1,125 to end it and sell it to him for $1,125 - which I specifically said I would not do (the guy had 0 feedback) I then posted the update.(Interestingly he did not bid - I feel avoided a non payer) After not selling on eBay I am trying my luck here.

That's it.

Any other questions - let me know.

Yeah, you flat out lied why the hell should anyone trust you now?

First, I don't understand why you are attacking me. Second, yes but it was something petty to not make me look like a fool. Why should anyone not trust me on what? I told you the whole scenario and I have 100% feedback on eBay. It's not a huge deal that I played dumb to not knowing the price guide.

I thought you saw this copy on ebay and now you're selling it? Did you buy it or did you own it all along?

What's it worth?

I asked whats it worth before I started the auction. I did not want to look like a fool for asking a dumb question for the price of a book I owned. I have the 2007 guide so mine was 2 years old. That's why I denied it. I now have the 2009 overstreet guide that I paid the $25 for the internet download, so its all good. The book did not sell on eBay. My opening bid was $1,075 which it did not sell for - ended with 0 bids. I had a guy offer me $1,125 to end it and sell it to him for $1,125 - which I specifically said I would not do (the guy had 0 feedback) I then posted the update.(Interestingly he did not bid - I feel avoided a non payer) After not selling on eBay I am trying my luck here.

That's it.

To Counts point...

If you look at your posting history, your 1st post was a link to you eBay listing; your question, asking what it was worth was a later post... Did you just lie again, in your "coming clean" story? (shrug)

What's it worth?

That's it.

To Counts point...

If you look at your posting history, your 1st post was a link to you eBay listing; your question, asking what it was worth was a later post... Did you just lie again, in your "coming clean" story? (shrug)

No - I placed the auction first then the post ad for it then the question. I asked after.

What's it worth?

That's it.

To Counts point...

^^

Dude,

Trust me on this. Just make this sale C.O.D. if you want to sell here. That way you can gain the trust of the community. Were tough on new sellers for a reason, there is no safety net here for a bad purchase.

ML

C.O.D. ? What does that stand for?

Dude,

Trust me on this. Just make this sale C.O.D. if you want to sell here. That way you can gain the trust of the community. Were tough on new sellers for a reason, there is no safety net here for a bad purchase.

ML

:doh:

+1...little white lie or not, you knowingly misled a board member about the book...you may not see it as a large deal, but this is not an inexpensive book and you likely used up the benefit of the doubt that many may have initially granted.

Dude,

ML

+1...little white lie or not, you knowingly misled a board member about the book...you may not see it as a large deal, but this is not an inexpensive book and you likely used up the benefit of the doubt that many may have initially granted.

I understand - but I do not know why I am getting slandered. It should have been obvious. I posted it in the Selling section twice. I'm new - didn't want to look like a fool.

Here's another one.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3763427#Post3763427

I just did not want to look like a fool going off an 07 guide.

Check my eBay feedback.

If anyone lives in or around York, PA or Auburn, AL I have no problem doing C.O.D. or it can be done through ebay. Doesnt matter a thing to me.

Dude,

ML

I understand - but I do not know why I am getting slandered. It should have been obvious. I posted it in the Selling section twice. I'm new - didn't want to look like a fool.

Here's another one.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3763427#Post3763427

I just did not want to look like a fool going off an 07 guide.

Check my eBay feedback.

If anyone lives in or around York, PA or Auburn, AL I have no problem doing C.O.D.

You have to understand, every new seller here has to establish themselves here before they can sell high-end books. You shouldn't take it personally. Now if you have an established boardie who can vouch for you, that may help.

Dude I work for the post office COD will not help someone from getting scammed! All he has to do is send something but not the book. When the carrier gets the money for the COD he's not going to stick around and the post cant help. Don't trust this guy, don't buy off him unless some here can verify him.

Dude I work for the post office COD will not help someone from getting scammed! All he has to do is send something but not the book. When the carrier gets the money for the COD he's not going to stick around and the post cant help. Don't trust this guy, don't buy off him unless some here can verify him.

I agree about USPS COD, what I meant and should have elaborated on, was you should ship prior to payment.

You all obviously have my ebay page. Check my feed back. I also don't mind doing this through ebay. Or maybe I should just not sell the silly thing.