• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to determine SS value?

24 posts in this topic

It's not a stupid question at all. To me, the value is related to the value of the book if it were a blue label, plus a factor for the costs of signing and the rarity/difficulty of the sig. That is how I value the books. Sometimes for me, it means I way overvalue books that may have a small market because they are tough and rare. I also sometimes undervalue books if they seem common or easy to me, but they have a large market. It is a tricky thing, I think. A lot of the witness/sellers around here, I think, do a great job of balancing the "value" of the book with the work that went into getting it.

Well said.

Then again, there are also a couple of witnesses who seem to take the blue label value and multiply it by a factor or 3 or 4 to get the yellow label price :whistle:

:whee:

Supply and Demand...supply and demand...

It's not a stupid question at all. To me, the value is related to the value of the book if it were a blue label, plus a factor for the costs of signing and the rarity/difficulty of the sig. That is how I value the books. Sometimes for me, it means I way overvalue books that may have a small market because they are tough and rare. I also sometimes undervalue books if they seem common or easy to me, but they have a large market. It is a tricky thing, I think. A lot of the witness/sellers around here, I think, do a great job of balancing the "value" of the book with the work that went into getting it.

Well said.

Then again, there are also a couple of witnesses who seem to take the blue label value and multiply it by a factor or 3 or 4 to get the yellow label price :whistle:

Wasn't talking about you :gossip:

Well said.

Wasn't talking about you :gossip:

I know I was in a goofy mood yesterday...sigh