• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: AMAZING STORIES aug 1927 issue **SOLD***

8 posts in this topic

Single pulp listing… Classic cover!

First :takeit: or PM gets it!

Shipping: $15 for fed ex ground (takes about a week) . Will be well packed.

payment: paypal or personal check.

AMAZING STORIES Aug 1927 issue (vol.2/#5), approx GD condition

KILLER PAUL iconic War of the Worlds cover!!

Its a nice solid complete copy, but the spine was unnecessarily taped at some point. I removed much of the tape on the actual spine (it was no longer adhered to spine), but there is tape left on the front and back covers next to the spine, as well some tape staining from long gone tape along the right edge (three small pieces).

Covers have moderate wear, with piece out of back cover at top near spine.

Aside from this, the pages are fairly supple and cream, with darkening to the edges and just a bit of dryness on the extreme edges. However, book can be handled without flaking. Spine is complete, with some tape staining. Book is complete, no coupons or pages out.

PM me for more info. Great colors on cover.

Asking: SOLD

IMGP3827.jpg

IMGP3828.jpg

IMGP3829.jpg

IMGP3830.jpg

IMGP3832.jpg

IMGP3831.jpg

Very cool book. Was that the original publication of War of the Worlds, or had it appeared elsewhere previously?

Reprint... War of the Worlds was originally published in serialized form in 1897 in Pearson's Magazine. First publication in full form was 1898

Very cool book. Was that the original publication of War of the Worlds, or had it appeared elsewhere previously?

Reprint... War of the Worlds was originally published in serialized form in 1897 in Pearson's Magazine. First publication in full form was 1898

That was the very first printing in England. Cosmopolitan Magazine (yes the same ladies magazine of today) was the first US printing. They also printed the very first printing anywhere of "First Men on the Moon". (thumbs u

"In 1897 Cosmopolitan announced plans for a free correspondence school: "No charge of any kind will be made to the student. All expenses for the present will be borne by the Cosmopolitan. No conditions, except a pledge of a given number of hours of study." When 20,000 immediately signed up, Walker could not fund the school and students were then asked to contribute 20 dollars a year. Also in 1897, H. G. Wells' The War of the Worlds was serialized, as was his The First Men in the Moon (1900). Olive Schreiner contributed a lengthy article about the Boer War."

Good gawd !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :takeit:

Paypal sent already !!! :acclaim:

^^ Glad you nabbed it, Bob!

Me too. :whee:

Yeah, I guess... I was hoping for more enthusiasm from the buyer though. :baiting:

Thanks loads Bob!! :headbang: Good pick up if I do say so myself. Easily in the top three AMAZING covers!

^^

SOLD!!