• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not for the faint of heart. Psychological nudity inside. Avoid!!!

25 posts in this topic

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Actually, in my case it's just the opposite. I KNOW how utterly common my Silver, Bronze and Modern books are, and kick myself that I can't break the "collector persona" and blow them off to speculators before the poop hits the fan.

This is very interesting. You are a person that spends your hard earned money on multiples of comics that YOU KNOW aren't hard to find and will eventually go down in value drastically when some future cataclysmic event causes the comic market to crash. You say your are NOT a speculator, but you HOPE you will loose your collector mentality to blow your comics off on a speculator before pending doom comes.

You changed some of the meaning (natural for a troll), but if you are a collector, this shouldn't be tough to understand.

I love collecting comics, I have tons, and I realize that the bottom will fall out of the market within the next year or two. So my collector mentality realizes that I'm flushing my money, but since I love collecting, that's not such a big deal. Still, a small part of me recognizes that I don't HAVE to flush my cash, and could get out now if I was prepared to divest myself of all the comics I loved as a kid.

It's a tough egg to crack, and at the present time, I'm fully prepared to see my comics drop in value, as that's not the reason I own them. I was collecting before the speculators came and went, and came and went, and the nostalgic and intrinsic value of my collection still far outweighs any meaningless monetary losses.

I do feel for those who are actually investing or speculating, or who have not come to terms with the current over-valued market conditions and its inevitable outcome.

I KNOW how utterly common my Silver, Bronze and Modern books are, and kick myself that I can't break the "collector persona" and blow them off to speculators before the poop hits the fan.

You are a person that spends your hard earned money on multiples of comics that YOU KNOW aren't hard to find and will eventually go down in value drastically when some future cataclysmic event causes the comic market to crash. You say your are NOT a speculator, but you HOPE you will loose your collector mentality to blow your comics off on a speculator before pending doom comes.

You changed some of the meaning

You are so right. What was I thinking? confused-smiley-013.gif I can clearly see where I changed the meaning. My apologies.