• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

33! CGC 9.8 Hulk 181s?

17 posts in this topic

Gasp! there have been 33 CGC 9.8 copies of Hulk #181 graded on the CGC census. How many will there be in another 10 years graded in CGC 9.8 I wonder??? If I recall correctly a CGC 9.8 Hulk #181 sold a few years back for $25K, so how much are the other 32 CGC 9.8 copies out there worth today?

You can thank pressing for this upswing,and soon to be a glut in the high grade comics market :makepoint:
Sad but true :(

I had a 9.8. At the time 1 year and a half years ago I was one of 13 people to own one. I started hearing about pressing and got really nervous about holding this book. There are a ton of these books around in high grade, I knew it was only a matter of time that more would pop up. I sold it and was able to buy a Hulk 1 and FF 1 to name a few. I'm so glad I did. Get a nice 9.0 or 9.2 and you won't regret it. 1 year later there iss 33 of these books.... prices will continue to go down. Just check what is happening to the 9.6 and 9.8 GSX 1 and XMEN 94. Some are selling at half. My personal opinion is to be very weary of ultra HG Bronze age books, cause there are ton out waiting to be graded

You can thank pressing for this upswing,and soon to be a glut in the high grade comics market :makepoint:
Sad but true :(

I had a 9.8. At the time 1 year and a half years ago I was one of 13 people to own one. I started hearing about pressing and got really nervous about holding this book. There are a ton of these books around in high grade, I knew it was only a matter of time that more would pop up. I sold it and was able to buy a Hulk 1 and FF 1 to name a few. I'm so glad I did. Get a nice 9.0 or 9.2 and you won't regret it. 1 year later there iss 33 of these books.... prices will continue to go down. Just check what is happening to the 9.6 and 9.8 GSX 1 and XMEN 94. Some are selling at half. My personal opinion is to be very weary of ultra HG Bronze age books, cause there are ton out waiting to be graded

I have seen high grade books go down in price too,the more high grade Hulk #181 or Giant-Size X-Men #1 are graded,the prices of those books will go down.