• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopalong Cassidy and the Mad Barber 1951 SOTI "KILLING AND SOCKING PEOPLE"

1 post in this topic

[font:Arial Black]For the SOTI completionist.

Hopalong Cassidy and the Mad Barber 1951 SOTI Bond Bread. (p308/309)

Hard to find at any price. I just upgraded mine and need some paypal scratch. (2 ever graded.)

I put this on the PGM thread awhile ago and people were saying between 8-9.2

So lets say an 8.0.

$150 plus $10 shipping in North America.

First :takeit: gets it.

Children have shown me a comic book which mothers must think is "good." It is produced by one of the biggest comic-book publishers, is given away free by a famous-brand food manufacturer and has the name of Hopalong Cassidy on it. It shows an insane" barber running loose with a sharp razor. He ties an old man to the barber's chair, brandishing a razor.

The old man: "He's stropping the razor! And he's got that mad look on his face! He'll cut my throat! GULP!"

A close-up follows with the face of the old man bound to the chair, the face of the barber, the knife and the neck. The same scene is shown a second time, and a third. Then comes Hoppy, twists the barber's arm backward and knocks him out so he sees stars: "WHAM!"

I have talked to children about this book. They do not say this book is about the West, or about Hopalong Cassidy, or about a barber. They say it is about killing and socking people and twisting their arms and cutting their throats.

SOTI (p308/309)

Cheers TG99[/font]

hopF.jpg[/img]

hopb.jpg[/img]