• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many people in here think it is a sin to list non cgc in an auction title??

38 posts in this topic

Okay but why? why is it a problem? Is it because the word CGC attracts better comic buyers and the guys who scour looking for bargains to send to CGC are missing opportunities? Is it because they think the Dudley Dooright scenario has always treated them well in life and to get what they deserve on the auctions is not the way to go? I dont know what to think about this. i want a bargain like the next guy but do you report that person to Ebay and really make yourslef look like a loser? What do you do?

it states not CGC in the auction title. to me i read it and it says not CGC that is not misleading. All it does is flood the CGC listings in my opinion. Is it that big of a deal for it to be done that would warrant the loser in me to come out and report it to Ebay. That is the main gist here.

it states not CGC in the auction title. to me i read it and it says not CGC that is not misleading. All it does is flood the CGC listings in my opinion. Is it that big of a deal for it to be done that would warrant the loser in me to come out and report it to Ebay. That is the main gist here.

YES LOSER.....NEXT QUESTION?

Now how is that deliberately misleading? I have seen numerous auctions like that so should i be pissed and get hissy? confused-smiley-013.gif

It is the buyer's intent to attract CGC customers to his auctions. Sort of like the 'free, Orlando, vaction offer' you receive through the mail but if you telephone the rep it's then, as Bruce Willis said in 'Unbreakable'...'Now, we just need your credit card number.'

Is it really necessary for me to walk through a pile of [!@#%^&^] to get to the store?

When I think of your LCS, its more like you having to walk to the store to see a pile of [!@#%^&^].

Oh yeah.....

Re: How many people in here think it is a sin to list non cgc in an auction title??

hi.gif

Is it that big of a deal for it to be done that would warrant the loser in me to come out and report it to Ebay.

I think people who don't stand up for what's right are the losers, so do your civic duty and report that sad-sack "Not CGC" keyword spammer.

If you sell on EBay, still-born, retarded "Not CGC" spammers are making EBay a worse place to do business and costing you money!!

Okay but why? why is it a problem?

Because if everyone did it then it would be impossible to find actual CGC books.

If you don't think it's a problem, why not put EVERY keyword in your auction title, so that NO comic book searches work and ebay completely sucks. Say you're selling an Omega Men #3, you could list it like this and ruin searches for dozens of different collectors.

"Omega Men #3 Not: CGC, Spider-Man 1,14,121,122, 129; Hulk 102,180,181,182;

Green Lantern 1,40,59,76, showcase 4,8,9,13,14,22; daredevil 1,7,131,158,168"

Now repeat this type of spamming across 100 seller's auctions and ebay would be useless.