• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chronicling the Clink Auction

624 posts in this topic

Looks like CL is getting away from only listing Golden Age in every other auction. The March auction starts in 12 days with more Golden Age. :o
:applause:

I see something that you might be looking for. :baiting:

better head over there now

You don't want that crummy low grade kitty.

oh you know I do....you don't need a 14, do you :wishluck:

The copy that Doug sold is supposed to be an absolutely spectacular copy of a 9.0 (maybe a 9.1?+) hence the price. Apparently it's a real eye popper.

I've basically gotten to the point that I treat Pedigree's reported sales like the Russian judge's scores. I basically throw them out when gauging the market.

I'm positive that this was a real sale.

I'm not saying it wasn't. I'm not part of the anti-Doug faction. But the prices realized on his site (fixed listings, private sales that get retroactively posted as sales on the site, or auction prices) are always so far out of the realm of normality, and never replicable, that I just don't factor them into my calculations.