• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is CBG just about done? How about Overstreet?

44 posts in this topic

I wish Gary Garter would publish the old Comic Book Marketplace. :cloud9:

That would be great. Russ Cochran screwed it up royally.

I really miss the old Comic Book Marketplace. Every issue was a treat. I didn't like Russ' changes to CBM but I believe the subscription base was too low and he was trying to attract new subscribers by widening the mag's scope. Of course, that turned off many of the loyal readers.

I would like to see the CBG revert back to its old paper style, with plenty of ads with comics for sale.

I don't think you'd ever get the comics ads back in it. That's the reason I cancelled my subscription years ago - Ebay showed up, and the CBG ads dried up. Nobody was advertising in CBG, and the paper was embarassingly thin. The internet killed CBG.

Yeah! I think you are spot on there. :cry:

Did anyone suscribe to the old comics source magazine, i loved that publication, but it did not last long, probably another internet kiling.

I wish Gary Garter would publish the old Comic Book Marketplace. :cloud9:

That would be great. Russ Cochran screwed it up royally.

I really miss the old Comic Book Marketplace. Every issue was a treat. I didn't like Russ' changes to CBM but I believe the subscription base was too low and he was trying to attract new subscribers by widening the mag's scope. Of course, that turned off many of the loyal readers.

Yeah, I remember his editorial page where he would talk about Bluegrass music. And remember that article about Galactus being the bald-headed guy on the cover of FF # 48? Russ admitted he didn't really know who Galactus was - "Galactus schmalactus" was his quote, iirc :screwy:

How does Alter Ego survive or is it more just a hobby for its publisher? Or can a magazine like that survive selling 5-10,000 copies a month in print or via pdf with a little bit of revenue from advertising?