• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery in Space 1 CGC 8.5 (Second Highest Graded with only 1 higher) - Sold

13 posts in this topic

:news: the book is sold per PM

Well I have decided to sell off my only remaining DC slab I have in my CGC collection which is primarily comprised of Marvel slabs.

The book is graded 8.5 Off-White to White. It is the second highest graded copy with only 1 graded higher at 9.0. This is one of seven graded 8.5.

Overstreet values the book at $4,050 in 9.0 and $2,100 in 8.0.

I am asking $2,750 for the book and I will pay for priority mail to send the book anywhere in the world. (Note that the book will be coming from Hong Kong).

As always :takeit: trumps all but PMs are welcome.

Mystery in Space #1 (DC, 1951) was DC's second science fiction title debuted in 1951 with an impressive lineup of contributing artists, most of which would contribute to the long-running title for another decade. Carmine Infantino might be remembered more for his work on Flash and on the Adam Strange feature in this title years later, but his cover here ranks with his best efforts. Infantino gets sterling support from Frank Frazetta, Alex Toth, Virgil Finlay, and Howard Purcell on interior art.

93662.jpg.42fb247873b2a5c9f7cf16c8bb3c7d03.jpg

Give into temptation. :baiting:

It is a really nice book. So much so that it it got a non-DC guy like me to pick it up a few years ago. I really love the cover. It just does not fit in with everything else in my collection which is why I have it up for sale.