• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auctions - Counting FAIL

138 posts in this topic

Click the link to this very nice Tec 33 CGC 4.5 on auction. It has a video description for it. Scroll down to view the video.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7017&Lot_No=91128

In the video the Senior Comic Grader says that this Detective Comics #33 is the "6th appearance of Batman" but in reality it is the 7th appearance. (shrug)

33-26 = 7 issues (27 through 33)

27,28,29,30,31,32,33 = 7

So the people over at heritage are auctioning a Tec 27 and a Tec 33 but could not get the basic math right. doh!

Click the link to this very nice Tec 33 CGC 4.5 on auction. It has a video description for it. Scroll down to view the video.

In the video the Senior Comic Grader says that this Detective Comics #33 is the "6th appearance of Batman" but in reality it is the 7th appearance. (shrug)

27,28,29,30,31,32,33 = 7

So the people over at heritage are auctioning a Tec 27 and a Tec 33 but could not get the basic math right. doh!

Very good looking book...full disclosure too. (thumbs u

I presume it was just a mistake, does it matter? Are you now not going to bid on the book?

I am thinking so too. They probably just counted up from 27 not thinking that they need to include 27 in the count. A simple mistake does not matter like this in general but when you are a higher end comic auctioneer, and the book is a very pricey one, and you are also auctioning of a Tec 27 1st App of Batman. I think it is very poor to make a mistake like this. There is really not a good excuse with all things considered. But that is my opinion only.

27,28,29,30,31,32,33 = 7

Very good looking book...full disclosure too. (thumbs u

It is a fabulous looking book! And I do like the full disclosure. But when I see a book of this magnitude with a simple counting error - The Batman buff I am - I am very annoyed.

I presume it was just a mistake, does it matter? Are you now not going to bid on the book?

I am thinking so too. They probably just counted up from 27 not thinking that they need to include 27 in the count. A simple mistake does not matter like this in general but when you are a higher end comic auctioneer, and the book is a very pricey one, and you are also auctioning of a Tec 27 1st App of Batman. I think it is very poor to make a mistake like this. There is really not a good excuse with all things considered. But that is my opinion only.

Ok you've convinced me, I am no longer going to bid on that book in protest :ohnoez:

Ok you've convinced me, I am no longer going to bid on that book in protest :ohnoez:

No what you should do is let's just say it goes for $17,000 final bid - you should say oh I counted $16,000 only. sorry. Hand them the 16 and walk away. lol

Well I am now going to bid twice as much as I was ...maybe they will miscount my bid :)

Haha lol

Okay so I just noticed another error with there video. He says "it's tied for the highest page quality with the 9.0 allentown copy with off-white to white"

Well if that is true and it is tied for the highest page quality - how do you explain my Tec 33 CGC'd with WHITE PAGES. ???

(BTW my Tec 33 is a filler copy in my collection and it is a complete astonishment for it to have WHITE pages)

They probably meant "collectible" copy :baiting:

Well they still said tied for highest - so they are incorrect.

And I take great offense to that comment :mad:

Haha I kid though - I see your point. And again that's why I call it my "filler copy" aka "my 31's ugly brother"

But still you gotta admit. For how bad it is, WHITE PAGES is a complete baffle.

Well I am now going to bid twice as much as I was ...maybe they will miscount my bid :)

Haha lol

Okay so I just noticed another error with there video. He says "it's tied for the highest page quality with the 9.0 allentown copy with off-white to white"

Well if that is true and it is tied for the highest page quality - how do you explain my Tec 33 CGC'd with WHITE PAGES. ???

(BTW my Tec 33 is a filler copy in my collection and it is a complete astonishment for it to have WHITE pages)

Cars salesman's sell pitch...

Haha lol

Cars salesman's sell pitch...

So true!

Haha I kid though - I see your point. And again that's why I call it my "filler copy" aka "my 31's ugly brother"

the white pages made it tastey (thumbs u

the white pages made it tastey (thumbs u

:roflmao:

I think a Tec 33 for dinner was the meal of his life. Much more expensive than lobster. Man that bug has good taste.

:insane: <- my reaction to picturing a bug eating the Tec 33