• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

noob questions on raw 9.8 to sign

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a set of 9.8 raw Micronauts from 1 to 10 that I am contemplating sending up to Boston to have Michael Golden signs.

a) How do I protect the books?

b) put them in Mylar and cut out the area on each book?

I am aware that a 9.8 raw can easily get ding during this process so any suggestions to minimize the downgrade are greatly appreciated

thanks

Nick

Hi,

I have a set of 9.8 raw Micronauts from 1 to 10 that I am contemplating sending up to Boston to have Michael Golden signs.

a) How do I protect the books?

b) put them in Mylar and cut out the area on each book?

I am aware that a 9.8 raw can easily get ding during this process so any suggestions to minimize the downgrade are greatly appreciated

thanks

Nick

Hey nick , i would let the Signature Series Dorks handle the books. Personally i would examine the inner wells and any books i suspected were at risk for SCS would be cracked and sent in a mylar, the rest send still slabbed. The SSD folks will still prep them and those guys are definitely trustworthy with your 9.8s (thumbs u

thanks

Signature placement and color. I am having a real hard time deciding where to place the signature.

The arts are real busy on the books below so help me out folks on placement and color of signature. I am very excited to get Gene Colan sig on my HTD set.

H18.jpg

H15.jpg

I think it all depends on what's important to you. Some people like signatures but don't like getting them on the covers, so the bottom of the first page is the way to go. This is more of an old-school technique favored by older collectors in my experience. In this case, I'd go for a black ink pen.

Some people don't like to obscure the cover art (Chris Claremont being 1 example) and will sign in the title if possible. A black sharpie would look good for both of these. Plus, they'd look like a matching set.

If you're going to have the book signed in the typical fashion, I'd likely go for a black marker on the green dress near the bottom right corner in the first one and I'd use silver right under the "Dr. Bong" text on the second.

My 2c