• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ToD question for those that read comics and not labels...

19 posts in this topic

When did Deacon Frost first appear? Every site Ive checked out seems to have it as Tomb of Dracula #13 (October 1973).

He also seems to have subsequently appeared in:

The Tomb of Dracula #25 (October 1974)

The Tomb of Dracula #33-34 (June-July 1975)

The Tomb of Dracula #42 (March 1976)

The Tomb of Dracula #44-51 (May-December 1976)

The Tomb of Dracula #53 (February 1977)

BUT ...

ToD45label.jpg

Can any shine a lil' light on a possible CGC error? Nah...couldn't be, right? :baiting:

Deacon Frost DOES appear to be in ToD #25. He is pictured and described, but not referenced.

"He was a tall white dude, with long white hair, slickened down in back. And his eyes, even in the darkness you could see them glowing in a hellish red."

Again, he is not mentioned by name, but I'm not sure who else it could be. Essentially, the picture and reference is exactly the same as issue #13- shown and described, but not named.

(worship)

Thx guys.

Now that brings to mind the question...What's his first appearance? :baiting:

Its seems to me its definately #13, but can be described as:

First appearance of Deacon Frost in flashback, not named.

and #45 would be:

First full appearance of Deacon Frost

(shrug)

(shrug) issue #45 added a name to the character, but his appearances are definately there before that issue. But I agree that #13 should be his first appearance, since it is part of Blades origin.

(shrug) issue #45 added a name to the character, but his appearances are definately there before that issue.

#13 was a flashback, no name.

#25 was a flashback as well, no name.

Were the all pre- #45 appearances, the same flashbacks? If so, it would seem that #45 is his first "real" app.?

Comixcriz is right. No consistancy.

No they were not flashbacks, he was actually speaking, and killing people. While stalking Dracula since issue #33. He was a portion of the storyline, just no name given as they kept him mysterious.

Here is his small part in #33, where he becomes a part of the storyline, not a flashback. Still no name, so I guess not a noteworthy appearance yet. (shrug)

Very good question posed akaSteveRogers, certainly makes you think. :cool:

33-1.jpg

33-2.jpg

And here is his ( first ) appearance at the end of issue #45 (in a flashback after Hannibal King firsts asks Crud to tell them about Deacon Frost.)

45-1-1.jpg

45-2.jpg