• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD ~~ Conan the Barbarian 1 CGC 9.8 WHITE ~~ SOLD

73 posts in this topic

This came in via PM just now (I am posting it anonymously with the author's permission):

I put my Conan #1 CGC 9.8 white pages on Comiclink for $9600. I was offered $7500, felt guilty about selling it, and removed it. Then I got an e-mail from Josh at comiclink that the person who made me the offer would buy it for $9600. I turned it down. I bet you can get a lot more for it. Also, do you really think you could get it signed by Barry Windsor Smith? I thought he wasn't doing CGC ss andymore.

As for the BWS inquiry, chainball has just PM'd me saying that Barry isn't signing.

This came in via PM just now (I am posting it anonymously with the author's permission):

I put my Conan #1 CGC 9.8 white pages on Comiclink for $9600. I was offered $7500, felt guilty about selling it, and removed it. Then I got an e-mail from Josh at comiclink that the person who made me the offer would buy it for $9600. I turned it down. I bet you can get a lot more for it. Also, do you really think you could get it signed by Barry Windsor Smith? I thought he wasn't doing CGC ss andymore.

Just up the price to $10K and be done with it . . . :grin:

Just up the price to $10K and be done with it . . . :grin:

Wait a second...are we trying to get him to raise the price? (shrug)

This thread closes at midnight EST tonight.

However, it appears the 9.8 will sell for the BIN price before then.

Conan #1 9.8 :takeit: Per PM pending )

:news: SOLD for the BIN to the man in China (worship)

This thread closes at midnight EST tonight.

However, it appears the 9.8 will sell for the BIN price before then.

Conan #1 9.8 :takeit: Per PM pending )

:news: SOLD for the BIN to the man in China (worship)

WOW! Nice transaction for all.

:applause:

Wasn't it though (thumbs u ... I can still remember buying my first copy off of the newsstand.

My memory might remember it as a 9.8 but with it "sitting on the old wooden newsstand, recently freed from the plastic-tied bundle" and then "enjoying the ride on my bike" .. my God, how does anything stay a 9.8?