• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY - A seller's hell

6 posts in this topic

So...

auction ends and I send winning bidder his invoice. No response in 3 days.

Send payment reminder. No response 3 days.

Send e-mail through winning bidders account name. No response 3 days.

File "non-paying bidder alert"

(step 1 in getting your listing and final values fees back)

Winning bidder, who has received non-paying buyer alert, e-mails for invoice.

Send winning bidder his/her 4th copy of invoice.

2 days later winning bidder pays through Paypal.

A pain in the arse for a $10 sale, think its over, oh no my friend, not quite yet.

Ebay expects you to do a "non-paying buyer warning removal" to remove the "non paying bidder alert" that you placed on their account to start the process of getting your listing and final value fees back becasue they didn't respond the first three times you invoiced them.

So I'm thinking, "well, thats fair because the winning bidder finally did pay after all and now it shows that this particular bidder had a "non-paying bidder alert" filed against them so future sellers can decide whether or not to allow their bids".

Oh, not quite my friend.

Ebay "Live Help" representative, whom we shall call "P-Diddy", responded as such...

CompleteRunComics - "How would I check out a bidder to see how many warnings they've had?"

P-Diddy - "There isn't a way to see warnings that E-bay may have issued. Or, NPB's. The feedback is the only access you might have to read about what others have experienced when dealing with this memeber."

P-Diddy - "Hopefully, if he did have an NPB, the seller left feedback.

The first thing a seller thinks is "If I leave a ned I'm gonna get neg'd back by this arsehole". How many non paying bidders get away clean because the seller didn't neg for one reason or another?

The one sure-fire thing is to be able to check if "non-paying bidder alerts" have been filed against the bidder because every seller is going to want their listing and final value fees back and the only way to get them back is the "non paying buy alert"

So, should I remove the "non paying buyer alert" from this bidder by filing a "non-paying buyer warning removal" or leave it?. When a buyer hits three alerts I think their booted for some time frame. Should I leave negative feedback and risk the possible neg return? Both?

CRC

Okay, let's see if I understand this?

Buyer doesn't respond, you leave NPB, he replies back and pays?

So why are you talking about leaving Negs and potentially not removing the NPB?

The guy did finally pay, and could have been called away on something important, had CC payment or Paypal issues, etc. Of course, he could have been stalling, but I give people (who pay) the benefit of the doubt.

CRC,

I'm surprised your live rep didn't set you straight on the ebay NPB/FVF policies. There is no requirement that you remove or otherwise follow up on a NPB that pays and completes the transaction. There is no limit to the number of NPB's that can be rung up by a buyer on ebay. Instead, ebay counts only the filing for your Final Value Fees (FVF's) as a black mark against a buyer; three of these in a certain amount of time will lead to the buyer being NARU'd.

Where did you see that you had to rescind the NPB alert?

I happened to see this using Ebay's "help search" for "Non Paying Bidder"

Worked things out with the buyer?

If you already filed for a Final Value Fee credit, use the Non-Paying Buyer Warning Removal form within 90 days after your listing closes to remove the warning from the buyer's record.

..and even though it mentions already having filed for a Final Value Fee Credit I asked the same rep if I still needed to file a Non-Paying Bidder Warning Removal if the bidder did pay and the rep responded "Yes, yes you do. Thanks for asking."

CRC

blush.gif Probably shouldn't be surprised that an ebay rep is also confused. If you didn't file for your FVF's there should be no reason to rescind a NPB alert. As a matter of fact, the email to the buyer alerting him that an NPB alert has been filed tells them to do nothing if they've paid, and that nothing will happen to them if the transaction is completed successfully.