• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm Not*Sure* you can resist... these cool 1940s pulps! :)

24 posts in this topic

Hi folks, here's a lot of six 1940s pulps going up for auction. All proceeds will go to forum member Not*Sure* and her husband. (Link)

Six neat pulps... one bid takes 'em all. :banana:

Bidding ends Sunday, 9 PM. $1 bid to start.

Shipping will be extra ($10/flat rate in US; quite a bit more overseas as these get hefty in a padded box). Any questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck, guys! :)

--Jon

sixpulps.jpg

amazingstories10-41tiny.jpgstartstories7-49tiny.jpgffm6-49newtiny.jpg

91892.jpg91889.jpg91887.jpg

Amazing Stories, Oct 1941 in Fair. Scarce issue with an Edgar Rice Burroughs story, and wonderful front & back cover art! Unfortunately, pages are brittle, and though readable with care they are flaking at corners/edges. Still, a cool book that displays pretty well. Back

Startling Stories, July 1949 in GVG. Awesome sexy GGA sci-fi cover by Earle Bergey! Very glossy crisp book with bold spine, but a long jagged tear bottom spine (would be a snap to repair, but I leave that up to you) and two 1" tears top & right cover edges will keep down the technical grade. Such a pretty book, and white pages! Includes a short Ray Bradbury story. Back

Famous Fantastic Mysteries, June 1947 in G+. Classic devil/GGA cover by Virgil Finlay! Well worn around the edges; nice pages and interior illos. Back

Thrilling Wonder Stories, Oct 1950 in VG+. Crazy jungle girl/sci-fi cover by Bergey. Another real attractive book. Just a hint of curl in the center. Bold crisp spine. Real nice pages. Back

Fantastic Adventures, Nov 1948 in VG+. GGA cover; sharp glossy copy with bright pages. Light spine fade. Back

Fantastic Adventures, June 1948 in VG/VG+. Attractive, glossy book. Way cool monster cover! Light spine fade. Back

Thanks... High bidder! (thumbs u

And I am so glad you outbid that "Fuelman" character. Dealt with that guy before... he is nothing but trouble.

Let's just hope he doesn't bid again. :wishluck:

And I am so glad you outbid that "Fuelman" character. Dealt with that guy before... he is nothing but trouble.

$80.00 :sumo:

OMG. You heard me! :whatthe:

$85.00

$85.00

:ohnoez::ohnoez: