• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: FF 55

10 posts in this topic

Hey folks.. i would like some input on a book...i know the scan image isnt the best (ctrl+) for larger...

how bad will the lower left crease get whacked for grade?i have an idea,but want to see the take on it here... the book needs a press,as you can see the same crease back cover bottom right.and thats distributor spray top back cover,not a stain. thoughts? pre/post press grade thought...

FF55_1.jpg

FF55_2.jpg

Hey folks.. i would like some input on a book...i know the scan image isnt the best (ctrl+) for larger...

how bad will the lower left crease get whacked for grade?i have an idea,but want to see the take on it here... the book needs a press,as you can see the same crease back cover bottom right.and thats distributor spray top back cover,not a stain. thoughts? pre/post press grade thought...

FF55_1.jpg

FF55_2.jpg

One of my favorite FF covers; I think it would get an 8.0 perhaps a 7.5. Beautiful colors though, nothing to be ashamed though!

I don't think you can press out the bottom left FC corner crease, it seems to break color. A press would flatten the book of course but that CB crease would remain. As it is now, I see a weak 7.5, press it and get an 8.0. Have a flower you dirty presser :foryou:

If it was my book I'd probably grade it a 7.5...but I think it possibly could get an 8.0...I can't get over that 9.0 55 that was floating around about a year ago that had the color breaking crease upper right corner...so if you have just one CBC I've seen this occur in books 8.0-9.0, all other aspects/condition being there of course to warrant the grade...

Nice copy! :headbang: