• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM TOS 40's...Copy A and B

TOS 40 COPY A  

66 members have voted

1. 1. TOS 40 COPY A

11 posts in this topic

I think they are both in that 3.5 grade,but you did'nt give a 3.5 option on book B (shrug)

With all that chipping and the large piece missing from the LRFC, not a chance at a 3.5. 2.5 at best, but I voted 2.0. Also staining/moisture damage on the back.

I have seen 4.0s with that same corner missing,just sayin' (shrug)

I had Steve Borock look at my Tales of Suspense #39 thats in my sig. line in hand at a forum dinner that has a chip on the upper right corner,he said it was an easy 4.0 if submitted. (shrug)

I think they are both in that 3.5 grade,but you did'nt give a 3.5 option on book B (shrug)

With all that chipping and the large piece missing from the LRFC, not a chance at a 3.5. 2.5 at best, but I voted 2.0. Also staining/moisture damage on the back.

I had Steve Borock look at my Tales of Suspense #39 thats in my sig. line in hand at a forum dinner that has a chip on the upper right corner,he said it was an easy 4.0 if submitted. (shrug)

Maybe on an otherwise high grade copy, but this one has all the other stuff I mentioned holding it back - bad Marvel chipping and staining on a SA book, Borock would go 2.0/2.5 as has been my experience. :hi:

Maybe on an otherwise high grade copy, but this one has all the other stuff I mentioned holding it back - bad Marvel chipping and staining on a SA book, Borock would go 2.0/2.5 as has been my experience. :hi:

Back cover staining noted,2.0/2.5 doh!

Thanks for the grades...

Just FYI, I have the Sid's Luncheonette TOS 40 in 4.0 with significant right edge chipping, white pages.

Copy A presents nicely when compared side by side and I was thinking it was a 4.0 with an optimistic chance at 4.5, but I can see where some would say 3.5.

Copy B is nicer than many slabbed 1.8's I've had, and I was thinking it was a 2.0 with a shot at 2.5.

Appreciate all the opinions....I always enjoy the nuances to grade and how we all see defects differently.