• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atlas Strange Tales

5 posts in this topic

Happy March, everyone! It's still quite chilly here in Florida, but warm weather must be just around the corner. Tonight I offer a few nice pre-code Atlas Strange Tales books, for my money the best of the Atlas horror titles, and one of the longest running, thanks to Dr. Strange. First-class postage for one book is $3.50, $4 for two. Take all three (or go for a book or two from my previous posts) and I will cover priority postage. :takeit: carries the day, but I will gladly consider offers via PM. I have tried to grade these accurately and I provide large scans (thanks to those who have complimented these!), but I cannot guarantee CGC will concur with my grades. Everyone has different-colored spectacles!

Strange Tales #12 (November 1952), featuring a fabulous 7-page Bill Everett story, complete and in attractive VG+ condition, with a few small tears along the slightly rolled spine, small creases on the edge and corners, and a 1" corner crease on the bottom of the back cover. Radiant color and very nice gloss on the cover, and very supple cream to off-white pages. Also features art by Jim Mooney and George Tuska. $150

st12.jpg

st12a.jpg

Next, a beautiful copy of Strange Tales #18 (May 1953), featuring a very cool Russ Heath cover plus incredible interior art by Matt Fox, complete and in stunning VF- condition (close to VF, I think), with light wear and a bit of creasing along the spine, and a 1/16" tear on the top of the cover and a 1/8" tear on the edge of the back cover. The cover has phenomenal color and gloss, and the pages are off-white, snappy and supple. Also features art by Gene Colan, Joe Maneely and Geore Tuska. A real beauty! $375

st18.jpg

st18a.jpg

Finally, another very cool but lower grade book: Strange Tales #19 (June 1953), featuring an outstanding Russ Heath cover plus interior art by George Tuska, Larry Woromay, Fred Kida, Bob Fujitane and Joe Certa, of all people! This one comes in around VG-, with pretty heavy wear and creasing along the spine, but it is complete and the color and gloss on the cover are exceptional, plus the pages are off-white and very supple. A tougher issue to turn up, in my experience. $100

st19.jpg

st19a.jpg

That's all for now. I will be trotting out some nice books over the next few weeks. Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular. Thanks!

Prices reduced on these books!

Strange Tales #12: was $150, now $100

Strange Tales #18: was $375, now $300

Strange Tales #19: was $100, now $75

Please have a look at the Journey into Mystery I just posted, too! Thanks!