• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1965 SILVER AGE FF...2 NICE COPIES!

18 posts in this topic

A couple of guaranteed satisfaction early SA FF beauties! Want a book that has all the initial look of a stunning 9.0-ish book with superior color and gloss for a fraction of the price? Then these books are for you!

Insured Shipping included to all US and Canada!

Payment: PP, MO or CHK

First up...

FANTASTIC FOUR 36

MAR 1965. THE ATTACK OF THE EVIL F.F.---“THE FRIGHTFUL FOUR!” Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby and Chic Stone cover/art. 1ST appearance of the Frightful Four. 1st appearance of Medusa. Avengers and X-Men cameo.

Solid FN/VF 7.0 to VF- 7.5. Pretty darn nice copy for the technical grade…some light but noticeable spine wear and a soft NCB indentation at the logo…micro-overhang top edge resulting in some faint wear…light thumb-crease at right edge just upper-right of Sandman’s left “thumb” and a hint of color loss at bottom right corner. Otherwise super clean with vibrant colors and superior gloss.

Structure is excellent with perfect centering/registration and tight shiny staples rigidly secure…book lays flat. Back cover is very clean with a hint of tanning around perimeter and a couple of soil marks along spine (the two soil marks that look like a stain near bottom right spine are not a stain). Interior covers are very clean as well with a hint of similar light tanning around perimeter as per back cover. Interior pages are white to off-white at the perimeter and in basically perfect condition…COMPLETE!

May 2009 OSPG $102 in FN/VF grade.

ASK PRICE $69

FF36FC.jpg

FF36BC.jpg

FANTASTIC FOUR 38

MAY 1965. “DEFEATED BY THE FRIGHTFUL FOUR!” Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby and Chic Stone cover/art. Atomic explosion panel! Paste-Pot Pete becomes the Trapster.

FN/VF 7.0. Superb copy for the technical grade…soft abraded top spine corner…hint of abrasion bottom spine corner…a few ticks along spine o/wise spine is in excellent shape…hairline top edge overhang both front and back cover…soft crease top right corner…abrasion bottom right corner and corresponding light stain (see scan)…o/wise crease-free with excellent color and gloss. That’s my assessment…an 8.0 copy with the stain knocking it down to 7.0.

Structure is excellent overall with near perfect centering, perfectly centered shiny staples rigidly attached…book lays flat…some light rack-type stresses along back cover spine and a couple of soft creases at upper left margin, back cover. Back cover is a very clean, near-white. Interior white to off-white pages are also in excellent overall condition…COMPLETE!

May 2009 OSPG $102 in FN/VF grade.

ASK PRICE $69

FF38FCRAW.jpg

FF38BCRAW.jpg

img936.jpg

WOW...145 looks and I can't even get a yippee or a dump on my post...weird...

OK...the first of the obligatory 24-hours in price break...

both books for $125 shipped ANYWHERE in the world...! :insane:

If I were a FF fan, I'd be all over these. Nice looking books; well below guide; surpised they are still here. (shrug)

If I didn't already have these, and if I had any money, I'd be all over these. :eek:

If I were a FF fan, I'd be all over these. Nice looking books; well below guide; surpised they are still here. (shrug)

If I didn't already have these, and if I had any money, I'd be all over these. :eek:

:frustrated: