• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now thats some shipping charges

62 posts in this topic

That guy is crazy. If there was a blocked sellers list he'd be on mine so I don't mistakenly bid on his stuff

Good for you. Perhaps try buying from the man first before spouting off. BEST seller on Ebay bar none and I wish he did conventions. His actual shipping charges aren't what is stated and the amount you will pay for shipping will be very close to what he will actually pay the post office. But I think you all should avoid his auctions, maybe I'll get some deals. :devil:

Why would you buy first from a guy that advertised outrageous shipping charges. I don't care if his name is Jesus...wait, that's been used already. But you get my point. This guy's marketing strategy needs a lot of work.

Trust me, he does not need your help in obtaining high end prices on his material. He has a very loyal customer base and gets top dollar for raw and slabbed books. But like I said before, don't bid, makes my life easier... and cheaper. (shrug)

Just saw this thread.

Anyone who actually knows Jerry, also knows that he is one of the most honet people in our hobby, as well as super generous. He has sent me items he knows I have an interest in many times over the years, including super rare Elvis Costello 45's, limited edition signed books and great wine at no charge at all. I do the same for him, but he started our gift giving and the stuff he gives me is worth much more money.

He is not out to ever rip anyone off, especially on postage.

He has been one of my best friends for many years. If there is one person on ebay we should not be complaining about, it's Jerry Weist.

My 2c

Just saw this thread.

Anyone who actually knows Jerry, also knows that he is one of the most honet people in our hobby, as well as super generous. He has sent me items he knows I have an interest in many times over the years, including super rare Elvis Costello 45's, limited edition signed books and great wine at no charge at all. I do the same for him, but he started our gift giving and the stuff he gives me is worth much more money.

He has been one of my best friends for many years. If there is one person on ebay we should not be complaining about, it's Jerry Weist.

My 2c

(worship) - but didn't al gore invent the internet so everyone could complain about everything?

Just saw this thread.

My 2c

(worship) - but didn't al gore invent the internet so everyone could complain about everything?

Yes - his goal was to expand his political base by turning everyone into L------ whiners. Looking back, I wonder if it worked out for him..., :think:

The shipping charges are clearly listed in the auction. If you don't like them, don't bid.

With that said, charging $28.15 (which is the shipping charge I see in the auction, I'm assuming it's being calculated based on my zip) for priority mail for a single <$100 comic book is ludicrous.

Did anyone ask the seller if the shipping charges being quoted were accurate? (shrug)

Of course not - thoughts like that don't penetrate the common sense deflector shields :cool:

Did anyone ask the seller if the shipping charges being quoted were accurate? (shrug)

Of course not - thoughts like that don't penetrate the common sense deflector shields :cool:

Are those anything like panty shields? hm

Did you read the entire thread ?? !! Come on Watson....catch up. Page 2 :baiting:

Are those anything like panty shields? hm

...., or mantie shields ;)

Did you read the entire thread ?? !! Come on Watson....catch up. Page 2 :baiting:

This thread? Hell no. If I wanted constant biching, I'd get married.

This thread? Hell no. If I wanted constant biching, I'd get married.

:roflmao:

That guy is crazy. If there was a blocked sellers list he'd be on mine so I don't mistakenly bid on his stuff

Good for you. Perhaps try buying from the man first before spouting off. BEST seller on Ebay bar none and I wish he did conventions. His actual shipping charges aren't what is stated and the amount you will pay for shipping will be very close to what he will actually pay the post office. But I think you all should avoid his auctions, maybe I'll get some deals. :devil:

Why would you buy first from a guy that advertised outrageous shipping charges. I don't care if his name is Jesus...wait, that's been used already. But you get my point. This guy's marketing strategy needs a lot of work.

Trust me, he does not need your help in obtaining high end prices on his material. He has a very loyal customer base and gets top dollar for raw and slabbed books. But like I said before, don't bid, makes my life easier... and cheaper. (shrug)

You avoided answering my question.

Just saw this thread.

My 2c

Okay, so you know him and you know he's a great guy. But the issue is, to the average person shopping around on Ebay who doesn't know him from Adam the shipping prices come across as a ripoff, and rightfully so. Let's face it, anyone who's done even a little buying on Ebay learns to be careful of ripoffs, and one of the most common and obvious scams is excessive shipping costs.

What I don't understand is why he does it this way. If he's an upstanding guy--and he's been given some glowing testimonials in this thread--and given Ebay's reputation as being a place whether the careless can get ripped off, why not just post reasonable shipping prices? What am I missing???

Just saw this thread.

My 2c

Okay, so you know him and you know he's a great guy. But the issue is, to the average person shopping around on Ebay who doesn't know him from Adam the shipping prices come across as a ripoff, and rightfully so. Let's face it, anyone who's done even a little buying on Ebay learns to be careful of ripoffs, and one of the most common and obvious scams is excessive shipping costs.

What I don't understand is why he does it this way. If he's an upstanding guy--and he's been given some glowing testimonials in this thread--and given Ebay's reputation as being a place whether the careless can get ripped off, why not just post reasonable shipping prices? What am I missing???

I suspect Jerry uses eBay's 'automatic' shipping calculator. I tried to use it when I was selling, but could never get the hang of the thing. It would show the same exorbitant shipping fees as we see here. A board member alerted me and I changed it back to manual the next week.

Just saw this thread.

My 2c

I suspect Jerry uses eBay's 'automatic' shipping calculator. I tried to use it when I was selling, but could never get the hang of the thing. It would show the same exorbitant shipping fees as we see here. A board member alerted me and I changed it back to manual the next week.

I should have explianed it, but Jerry told me he answered all emails concerning the postage "screw up", sorry.

Jerry was using "turbo lister" or something like that and could not change it for some reason. He will not be charging that high shipping charge that is in the description.

Just saw this thread.

My 2c

I should have explianed it, but Jerry told me he answered all emails concerning the postage "screw up", sorry.

Jerry was using "turbo lister" or something like that and could not change it for some reason. He will not be charging that high shipping charge that is in the description.

:applause:

Just wanted to say in conclusion, I won this book. Jerry's grading was excellent, tight and strict, probably even under graded it 1/2 grade IMO. His packing was secure and strong, and it only cost $12 not $39.10 (thumbs u

If he had a book I really wanted I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again

Just wanted to say in conclusion, I won this book. Jerry's grading was excellent, tight and strict, probably even under graded it 1/2 grade IMO. His packing was secure and strong, and it only cost $12 not $39.10 (thumbs u

If he had a book I really wanted I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again

I love a good follow-up - and a quality dealer. Thanks.