• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flash Comics 86-104

74 posts in this topic

I used to have the intention of putting together this run, but my interests changed so I never completed it. They are a good set of books - Black Canary, great art, well written stories - but I don't think they are a popular as they used to be. Anyway I'll post what I have left of my run, and maybe some of you can fill in the rest. Maybe we can find out where the Mile High issues went.

Flash92.jpg

It was this cover along with the #88 that appeared in an old CBM article that got me into collecting these books. I can't believe I didn't notice the obvious pen fill in on black line of the cover's left had edge - otherwise it is a nice book.

Flash96.jpg

These are great. I have to say, I haven't seen most of them before besides Gerber-size. I always loved that DC kept the numbering when they revived the character.

It is neat that they kept the numbering!

Those are so awesome!

Agreed :applause:

Flash 86-104, along with Flash 1-10, would be my top picks.

It's unusual for me, but I've picked up beaters when available (and cheap) because I enjoy reading them so much.

I love the Flash books. I have all the All Flash so they kinda satisfied my Flash fix. The Hawkman covers are hands down the best of the title. 71 is probably my fav.

That underwater cover is pretty sweet.

This part of the Flash run is so interesting because if you squint you can see the transition from the Golden Age to the Silver Age. Although not posted here, Flash 104 always struck me more as a Silver Age cover than a Golden Age one. Although Flash 103 posted above seems more Golden Age by comparison. Perhaps it is the svelte new Hawkman costume that does the trick but you don't have to look too hard to see Flash 105 a few years down the road!