• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here we go again - Guy trying to sell Tec 47 as better grade after de-slabbing.

73 posts in this topic

That seller really annoys me!

He did the same thing with a run of Tec's in the 40's. He bought them and then flipped them saying they were 2x the grade they really were.

You see how he crops the photos.

How on earth does he have 100% feedback?

The most annoying part his he outbid true collectors who wanted the books just so he could flip them un-honestly.

This guy is a bad dude....

Anybody know what the graders at CGC did before they started there?
Steve Borock was a sophisticated collector and then a dealer. Mark Haspel was a dealer who also occasionally put together auctions. West Stephan was/is a sophisticated collector.

I do not know those men personally but I greatly respect them for what they have done with CGC. It is a godsend.

West was a great addition to CGC; I do know him personally as he lived local to me. I have nothing but respect for his integrity and passion for the hobby. (thumbs u

Where does it end, Steve? Does every seller have to disclose the grade given by every big time collector/dealer who owned it along the way? Why only CGC? What if it was sold to me by Borock or West pre-CGC? Because they subsequently became integral parts of the CGC team, are their grades material since they presumably applied the same grading standards at CGC that they did in their prior lives?

It begins and ends with CGC until somebody else comes along and becomes the most visible, trusted, widely accepted entity on grading.

Does every seller have to disclose the grade given by every big time dealer/collector who ever owned it? Nope.

Does every seller have to disclose what CGC graded the book if it's been cracked out? Yes.

It's really not that complicated unless you're simply trying to be contentious.

But I doubt that's the case as that is simply not your style. :grin:

It really makes me sick seeing this stuff :sick:

1 - he took away a chance for a possible person who wants to own it when he outbid them to flip it

2 - he is trying to flip a book by grossly over-grading (it would seem)

He did the same thing with a run of Tec's in the 40's. He bought them and then flipped them saying they were 2x the grade they really were.

The most annoying part his he outbid true collectors who wanted the books just so he could flip them un-honestly.

Because when you return the book he files to have the transaction canceled through ebay before issuing any refunds. Once the transaction is canceled the buyer cannot leave feedback. Well that's what he did with me.....

Because when you return the book he files to have the transaction cancel through ebay before issuing any refunds. Once the transaction is canceled the buyer cannot leave feedback. Well that's what he did with me.....

Wow.....that is very bad.

I did not even know that was possible. Never been involved in a canceled transaction as a buyer or seller. Good to know.

Well with what you just said It has sealed the deal as it were with me to stay away from this guy on eBay.

It is disappointing there are guys like this on eBay. :(

he has a 100% feedback because his shills win all the auctions lol

he has a 100% feedback because his shills win all the auctions lol

:idea:

lol

I have to say, I'm surprised at this seller's actions re this book. Perhaps he bought it from someone else who did the crack-&-grade-bump, or perhaps it's consigned to him?

I've followed his auctions on ebay for quite awhile now... he has auctioned off a whole lot of GA books... and while the grading occasionally seemed a bit soft, I've not noticed any obvious instances of this kind of thing. FWIW, tentatively hoping it's just a fluke. (shrug)

Since I started this thread about the seller - think it is only fair to mention I just purchased something from him and was pleased with the transaction.

While I do not agree with his grading especially with his Tec 47 in question.

I did just buy a CGC'd book from him and the transaction was smooth and he shipped fast. So if you want a CGC from him it looks good - but I am still weary of this seller since we caught him on the Tec 47. I also would not have bought anything from him on principle do to how he overgraded the other book.

But he had something for sale that was a very unique piece that I had to have.