• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Toys that you had as a kid that really push nostalgia

388 posts in this topic

I remember I had a toy as a kid that was TOTALLY misrepresented in the commercials. It was some kind of rubbery flying dinosaur lizard or something, it came in a plastic egg, and you were supposed to be able to rip parts of it off and reattach them with other toys in the series. I want to say there was a cyclops, "mine" and maybe a dragon???

I got the toy on my 7th birthday, proceeded to rip a wing off joking with my mom and guess what...it didnt stick back on. terrible day for me

this was in 84. I still remember how mad my mom was that I destroyed that thing immediately after I opened it

I had a gun that had film strips that you would thread into the gun and then it projected a picture of the filmstrip on the wall (it was all monsters, as i recall). When you depressed the trigger, a pin would poke a hole in the film strip and it would look like you were shooting at the monsters. I was 6 or 7 (so circa 1976-7) and thought it was the greatest thing since popcorn. I've never been able to track any info down or heard from anyone else who had one.

I had lawn darts.

I have an original set of Jarts in the box with the scoring hoops and everything. My law partner's mom was throwing them out in the garbage. Same way i scored a boxed Sears version of the Atari console.

Very nice,they have parachutes right.I think I remember these :applause:

There is a toy that I have been looking for forever,The Great Garloo mint in the box (shrug)

garloo.jpg

I have never seen one of these.

He sure is a noisy little critter isn't he??

:cloud9:

I had lawn darts.

I have an original set of Jarts in the box with the scoring hoops and everything. My law partner's mom was throwing them out in the garbage. Same way i scored a boxed Sears version of the Atari console.

Jarts were EVIL!

:devil:

94531.jpg.8b6fbcca2b50e1cae61e2cbb9ea1f3ac.jpg

I still have my Mazinga from when I was a kid.....loved that toy so much.

I had lawn darts.

Jarts were EVIL!

:devil:

remember playing how close you could get without impaling someone?