• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celebrity Authentics has Robert Downey Jr

72 posts in this topic

I ordered one :banana: I think I read somewhere that Iron Man 1.5 isn't even being released. Marvel is instead changing it to Iron Man Public Identity #1 with a new cover and artist....

The description for I.M 1.5 and I.M Public Identity are exactly the same as seen here..

http://www.comixology.com/sku/JAN100574/Iron-Man-1-5-1-of-3-

and here...

http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=14259

Plus when you click on a link for I.M 1.5 at marvel.com it takes you right to the info for I.M public Identity...but the cool thing is the example cover shown for public identity #1 is even better imo

example here..

http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=37516

Downey book is sold out!

I think for the money its a good deal. Low print run and Downey is one of the best in the business, probably the coolest guy in Hollywood.

Is the print run on the book 100, or is the print run big and Downey is only signing 100?

Downey book is sold out!

I think for the money its a good deal. Low print run and Downey is one of the best in the business, probably the coolest guy in Hollywood.

Is the print run on the book 100, or is the print run big and Downey is only signing 100?

Good question?

Downey book is sold out!

I hesitated for a minute but then I remembered that I saw a RDJ/Jon Favreau CGC SS book on ebay that sold for $500 or $550 and this was back in '07/ '08. This will definitely be the biggest celeb in my CGC SS collection and I can't wait to get it!

P.S If anyone wants a Jon Favreau Iron Man CGC SS I have one for sale here..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260564366630&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Downey book is sold out!

Very cool..wish I had known about this!

I think you are wrong about them being the only game in towm. Sure they did signings with these celebrities.

But I set up something for John Carpenter to sign a large quanity of comics for SS. I also just set up the Dan Aykroyd signing. That went very well and from the looks of it the Carpenter signing will go well. Plus I am working on more big celebrity signings for SS. So while Celebrity Authentics is doing some cool signings with celebrities and they are for Signature Series they are not the only game in town.

they are the only game in town with their people. No one is saying you can't get the rest of the ghostbusters.

Downey book is sold out!

The print run will be a normal Marvel print run. Downey is only signing 100 and this is not a variant made for the signing.

I'd bet my money on it being the Granov and them not knowing that the cover has been scraped, but who knows? The Granov cover is better, and looks and feels more official, seeing as Adi has been there from the get go of the movie franchise.

Judging by the Marvel website, it looks like Iron Man 1.5 has been replaced by Iron Man 2 Public Identity, the copy for it is the same was what was on Iron Man 1.5. The creators remain the same except for the cover. Marvel is displaying the Granov cover with the Peterson credit.

so wait is it the Granov cover or the Peterson cover?

I think it would be the Granov cover but I emailed them with the info and asked for any clarification. I also read on a comic previews website that the Peterson cover for I.M 1.5 was canceled...

I think you are wrong about them being the only game in towm. Sure they did signings with these celebrities.

But I set up something for John Carpenter to sign a large quanity of comics for SS. I also just set up the Dan Aykroyd signing. That went very well and from the looks of it the Carpenter signing will go well. Plus I am working on more big celebrity signings for SS. So while Celebrity Authentics is doing some cool signings with celebrities and they are for Signature Series they are not the only game in town.

Yes, but they do have good access to Celebrities:

Christian Bale

Robert Downey Jr.

Sigourney Weaver

Mickey Rourke

Tobey Maguire

None of these guys is signing Vodka bottles anytime soon if you catch my drift. I think the angle you have Kris is the celebs that people want, but are not in the public eye 24/7. That can be a very good thing especially for fandom!!!

This was not meant as a knock towards Kris at all. Just want to make that clear. It was just my perception of the given state of affairs. Nothing more. I actually meant it as a compliment...

Yes, but they do have good access to Celebrities:

Christian Bale

Robert Downey Jr.

Sigourney Weaver

Mickey Rourke

Tobey Maguire

None of these guys is signing Vodka bottles anytime soon if you catch my drift. I think the angle you have Kris is the celebs that people want, but are not in the public eye 24/7. That can be a very good thing especially for fandom!!!

This was not meant as a knock towards Kris at all. Just want to make that clear. It was just my perception of the given state of affairs. Nothing more. I actually meant it as a compliment...

You are wrong Jon, he is the king.

Don't bust my chops

BEEP BEEPr Online content

FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: dallas, texas

Don't bust my chops. I am setting up cool frogs and apparently they are popular because they sell out. I am trying to still do cool stuff that is frogs. And besides how do know what else I have up my sleeve. I might have a big frog like bigger than the BEEP BEEP guys have that I just haven't announced yet. Oh and I don't see you setting up celebrity FROGS.