• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread closed invoices will be sent soon, thanks

114 posts in this topic

This is also a violation of PayPal's TOS to ask buyers to use the personal payment option. The big deal is that, among other things, this strips buyers of buyer protection.

PayPal's buyer protection only applies to stuff bought via ebay.

Nice attitude there Bob. Screw everybody else as long as you can save a couple bucks on a comic book, huh?

I agree with jpolz. A lot of times people don't offer great deals on the boards and get to sell for free and complain about 3%. Maybe I should start asking for the % off you save off of ebay/comic link or a high priced table at a show.

Bruce

Nice attitude there Bob. Screw everybody else as long as you can save a couple bucks on a comic book, huh?

I don't understand who's getting screwed while using the PayPal personal option--other than PayPal, that is. (shrug)

I agree with jpolz. A lot of times people don't offer great deals on the boards and get to sell for free and complain about 3%. Maybe I should start asking for the % off you save off of ebay/comic link or a high priced table at a show.

Bruce

Off ebay with paypal with fees or off ebay with paypal personal, there is no buyer protection. So yeah, :blahblah:

Now take it to the general discussion area and let SOT sell some books for crying out loud.

I don't understand who's getting screwed while using the PayPal personal option--other than PayPal, that is. (shrug)

You do know that the buyer has to pay a cost if they do not have a Paypal balance and are using a credit card.

You do know that the buyer has to pay a cost if they do not have a Paypal balance and are using a credit card.

Yea, PayPal has always charged for credit cards, that's why I draw from my bank account.

Please see Marketplace Guidelines specifically #9 with reference to Paypal (Personal):

"Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases"

Please amend your OP or this thread will be removed.

Thank you.

I did amend it it only says Pay Pal.

Can we have an explanation on this?

I would like to know why common sense has left the CGC boards. :eyeroll:

They are not saying you can't use pay pal personal. Just don't advertise it. No biggie

I think this is a dangerous road that can lead into a perilous avenue...

What if a seller now doesn't mention it and when the buyer wants to pay, he will only accept Paypal Personal payments...and the buyer then puts the seller on the Probation thread. This is a whole new can of worms :eek:

In that case the (hypothetical seller) should go on the probation list, and stay there until he comes through. He agreed to sell a book under the boards Terms of Use and then backed out.

This is also a violation of PayPal's TOS to ask buyers to use the personal payment option. The big deal is that, among other things, this strips buyers of buyer protection. The seller is doing business as a merchant and saving himself 3% while making it much more difficult (if not impossible) for the buyer to get their money back if scammed by the seller.

Speaking as someone who's been scammed by a "reputable" merchant for almost $200, I don't have sympathy with people selling thousands of dollars worth of books and saying "use the personal option". You're a business, suck it up and act like one.

Wow really. hm

I never knew SOT Inc. was in business.

I think sellers will suck it up and give less discounts then.

The boards (hypothetical buyer) are just filled with such trash lately, and many uneducated people. :whee: