• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Renner of the Hurt Locker is Cap

73 posts in this topic

i did not think "The Hurt Locker" was all that....and i can't see that actor as Cap. I would have thought the role of Steve Rogers/Cap would have Brad Pitt all over it.

I thought "Brothers" was a better flick with Spidey and Jake Gizzenall.

You're going to catch flak from the 'buff & ripped' crowd as Renner is only 5' 10".

5' 10" is 6' 2" for an actor! lol

With proper angles and a good pair of boots, he'd tower over everyone else.

I know that. You know that. Not sure the 'buff & ripped' crowd know that. :P

You're going to catch flak from the 'buff & ripped' crowd as Renner is only 5' 10".

However, having seen his performance in 'The Hurt Locker', I personally think he might have the chops to pull it off. (thumbs u

Yeah, he's not exactly the right size for the role as I picture cap as somebody around 6-2 and 210, while Renner is fairly average size.

However, he is a pretty good actor. The only other things I have seen him in were S.W.A.T which he held his own as the bad guy and 28 Weeks later where I thought he was pretty good.

Acting-wise I think he'll do fine. The hard part will be suspending belief looking at him when he's just not what I picture Cap to look like. Although Wolvie is what, like 5 foot 6 and they cast Hugh (6 foot 3) Jackman to play that role so (shrug)

I would have thought the role of Steve Rogers/Cap would have Brad Pitt all over it.

:roflmao:

Anyone who fashions themselves as a "serious actor" and has enough bank to live 100 lives (like Pitt does) would never ever lower themselves to star as a superhero in a funny book movie.

In fact, I don't believe any A-list actor would ever do that, it's usually B-listers looking to move up the pecking order (Bale, Maguire), virtual unknowns (Jackman, Routh), "fallen stars" (Downey) character actors looking for a job (Stewart,McKellen, Cox, etc.), or even financially-decrepit stars (Cage) looking for yet another paycheck.

The only real exception would be Ed Norton (who absolutely hates blockbusters), but he's not really an A-lister and only played Bruce Banner anyway, and probably got a few indie movies greenlit for doing it.

But barring an insane contract stipulation, or financial ruin, there is no way the Cruises, Pitts, Hanks, Kidmans, Depps, Crowes, Washingtons, Laws, Roberts, etc. would ever dawn tights for a funny book flick. Guys like Clooney might have tights hidden in their closets, but not after hitting A-list status. And someone like Will SMith only signed up for Tonight He Comes because it was a deconstruction/satire on funny book heroes.

There was a part in a book I read (can't remember the exact title) where the author described the process of offering Warren Beatty the lead in the first Superman movie, and what he said after trying on the suit. lol

so who would be a good candidate for The Skull???

hm

probably too obvious but christoph waltz

My vote would go to Ray Parks with heavy make-up.

He was fantastic as Darth Maul and very sinister, he did a sweet job as the toad as well

but with the heavy make-up I don't think people will think "hey isn't that toad?"

(thumbs u

94644.jpg.da7d2b417b84f5e611ec07a0b4e7bdc1.jpg

I'm just hoping it's better than this...

That wasn't a real movie, so don't worry about it.

Everyone knows this and FF were sham-productions designed to meet contractual or other legal requirements, (heck, Captain America was never even released theatrically here) so why are they always brought up like someone actually *intended* this to be a real studio movie?