• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Flash Comics Thread

69 posts in this topic

This is the longest consecutive run of my Flash collection. Numbers 7,8 and 9. Number 8 is my second favorite cover, behind my Flash Comics #1 (acquisition date, someday)

These are the ones I love with Hawkmans huge wings, same with the early All Stars.

Flash one is one of the best in my collection of going to haves also :)

Here are the two I own

scan0181.jpg

scan0179-1.jpg

And this Detroit Trolley

flash13.jpg

Ed, is the Trolley 13 badly miscut or is it just the scan (still a beauty)?

I'm missing a Flash 7 in my run (fyi, I have the Larson Flash 4 an 6, the San Francisco Flash 5, and nice copies of Flash 8 an and 9) - if you ever want to work out a trade for it, please let me know! :wishluck:

My Flash Comics count is now >50% of the run.

DSC01579.jpg

I have at least 50% of the golden age Batman run but everything thing else that is 100 issues is less than 10%. I like the Flash but only have 10 or so issues. And only 10 or so Marvel Mystery comics. More than 10 Detective comics and more than 20 All Star Comics but not enough Green Lantern, Adventure or All Americans. I try to buy comics by most of the golden age companies but run out of money quickly when buying early DC and Timely.

My Flash Comics count is now >50% of the run.

DSC01579.jpg

50% of 104 = hm

I think you're holding out on us. :baiting:

I'm reading them front to back as I go. The 'collect what you like' adage works for me with this title. Unlike the GA backup stories for the more popular DC titles of this era, I find the stories between the Flash and Hawkman entertaining. The series gives a good representation of what comic books were like during the 1940s. Pulpish pre-42, followed by the war years, then there was a dead zone of not that great stories\art (these issues ((mid-50s to mid-80s)) are the easiest to find on ebay). Then there is a a boost in quality (circa Black Canary) before the death of the GA superhero era at the end of the decade.

For those that would like to get an overview of the series, I would recommend ordering . . . .

04_LRG.jpg

http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=503

I don't have any GA Flash Comics anymore, but I certainly still like them. One thing that I thought was interesting in the picture of all of the All-Flash issues was the difference in his costume. The lightning bolt is all over the place. In one issue, it ends over his right shoulder, whereas in most of them it ends on his left. Not that this is a big deal, but it just surprises me that there wasn't a quality control on that.

Sam