• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS # 39 5.0

12 posts in this topic

Buy the book not the label. makepoint.gif

The great thing about these kind of auctions is the seller has posted a nice big scan to allow the potetial buyer to make an informed choice based on their own preferences, and not those of CGC.

Lots of stress and marks on that spine,

I'm not saying its better then a 5.0, but there doesn't appear to be any corner creases or other eye-detracting defects that are normally found on the grade. And as you note, the right side is pretty sharp for a mid grader.

What grade do you think it is? Looks like a 5.0 to me. Lots of stress and marks on that spine, ashame though as the right side looks gorgeous.

Brian

I still think 5.0 is a bit harsh, even considering the spine. I'd give it at least a 5.5... maybe even a 6.0 if it's glossy enough.

That said, perhaps there is something we don't see on the back.....

It was always my understanding that FINE is supposed to be the widest grade range -- structurally solid, good eye appeal and an accumulation of small defects allowed ... seems like Fine is pretty narrowly defined in the CGC book. confused-smiley-013.gif

I love how he calls Dallas Stephens "one of the most selective collectors in the history of the hobby." What utter B.S. Most of the key Silver books in that guy's collection are mid-grade or worse.

Nice sale! It had to go at that price!

And while we are on this issue, can anyone say RESERVE NOT MET? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif