• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Con Report

50 posts in this topic

I'd like to note also I normally try and take a lot of pics at cons but this one was WAY overcrowded for picture taking. You could barely see past two people from you let alone have enough space to really take any pictures.

Here's a few never-the-less:

SAM_0167.jpg

SAM_0188.jpg

Thomas Jane and Tim Bradstreet about 10 minutes before Jane tried to get my wife's attention.

I talked to Tim outside briefly just before I in hindsight took this pic. Jane didn't seem to like that I didn't pay him any attention.

SAM_0176.jpg

Underground at the market there are a bunch of shops including one of the greatest magic shops anywhere in the country. It's been there a long time and they have a great selection of vintage and new magic books.

SAM_0198.jpg

SAM_0200.jpg

This is my wife sticking her gum to the famous "gum wall" in Pike Place Market. This wall was named one of the top five germiest tourist attractions second only to the Blarney Stone.

SAM_0203.jpg

Here's my kids standing next to it.

SAM_0206.jpg

Here's another shot of the market underground of a comic shop called "Golden Age Collectibles"

It's too bad they don't actually have a single golden age comic in the place!

It's been there a long time though so more power to them for lasting. (Almost 40 years)

SAM_0202.jpg

OMG IT'S A VOLCANO!

Seriously, it's a volcano. This shot I took while up on the Space Needle (which is really too expensive like most towers in other cities).

I've zoomed in on the shot and you have to realize that Mt. Rainier is approximately 60 miles away from Seattle and it just looms there like a giant behemoth.

From the top of the tower you can actually see two volcanos. Mt Baker to the North and then this one to the Southeast.

SAM_0219.jpg

OMG IT'S A VOLCANO!

Seriously, it's a volcano. This shot I took while up on the Space Needle (which is really too expensive like most towers in other cities).

I've zoomed in on the shot and you have to realize that Mt. Rainier is approximately 60 miles away from Seattle and it just looms there like a giant behemoth.

From the top of the tower you can actually see two volcanos. Mt Baker to the North and then this one to the Southeast.

SAM_0219.jpg

I've seen them from a plane in the distance and they are menacing!

OMG IT'S A VOLCANO!

SAM_0219.jpg

I've seen them from a plane in the distance and they are menacing!

Yeah, Seattle will be toast if and when Rainier erupts with a fury.

This is my wife sticking her gum to the famous "gum wall" in Pike Place Market. This wall was named one of the top five germiest tourist attractions second only to the Blarney Stone.

SAM_0203.jpg

SAM_0206.jpg

Cute kids!

Man that wall just makes me want to puke! :sick:

SAM_0203.jpg

Surprised the street people don't help themselves...... :cloud9:

Look Bob, free gum, and lots of it....yum