• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #1

6 posts in this topic

Bought this book recently and was very happy with what I paid for it and what it presents as - I would just like to get some other opinions on a specific grade for the book. I'm always working on improving my own grading since I'm still pretty new at this, I would appreciate any thoughts.

I have a front and back scan (the seller's scans), plus some close up pics I took.

wdblack1.jpg

wdblack2.jpg

Hard to see from the scans, but there are a good amount of small flaws, including:

- Light scratching on the front cover

- Tiny bend, almost just a bit of wear, (non color breaking) at the top right corner

- Very minor corner rub/wear on a couple of corners, no bends on these though

- 5 to 6 very small/tiny spine ticks on front cover, one small one towards the bottom of the front bottom left corner

- Largish spine tick that turns into a thin crease on the back cover, just above the top staple. Non color breaking but about 3/4 of an inch to one inch long.

If you think you see something I haven't mentioned, it's quite possible, that's why I'd like other's opinions. These are the best scans and pics I can manage, I apologize for being a terrible photographer.

The eye appeal is very good, many of the flaws are hard to notice at a glance but definitely there. Some close ups:

028-2-1.jpg

030-2-1.jpg

025-1-1.jpg

004-8-1.jpg

005-5-1.jpg

011-5-1.jpg

012-2-1.jpg

And your grade is?

The book was purchased on the boards and if anyone is interested, I will tell what grade I bought it as. I'm just waiting to see if anyone else wants to weigh in first.

And let me say again I was happy with the deal, I don't want anyone thinking otherwise since I posted this thread. The seller is someone I've bought from twice now and he is great.