• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highest graded cgc Action # 1 comming to Comicconnect.

206 posts in this topic

Well I must say comic connect loves the action 1's. They have probably sold more than all of the other auction houses combined. I think the question is will it eclipse the record sale last month of the 8.0.

Is there anyone else out there who is willing to pay over seven figures for it?

My guess is there are MANY folks willing to pay upwards of 1.5 to 2mil for it hm

Really? Considering the initial surprise over the 8.0 selling for $1m I'm surprised that you're certain (not doubting you, just surprised) that there would be people willing to pay maybe twice the 8.0

--jeez that's an amazing spread between an 8.0 and a 8.5!

who was surprised (shrug)

I think many folks called the 1mil mark and it was gone in 6 minutes...seems like it might have even been priced too low (shrug)

I do agree about the spread... my initial instinct was 1.5 mil would be asking, but most folks seem to think 2, so I had to include that.... but it is "the" highest graded copy , and therefore the "best" attainable copy... that supports the spread (but hey, we are only talking 500K, what's that among friends lol )

Well I must say comic connect loves the action 1's. They have probably sold more than all of the other auction houses combined. I think the question is will it eclipse the record sale last month of the 8.0.

My guess is there are MANY folks willing to pay upwards of 1.5 to 2mil for it hm

Your attitude about price estimates has changed very quickly! lol:baiting:

not on action 1 :)

called the 1mil 8.0 and I call 1.5 on this ( though others are thinking 2mil, so I gave a range lol )

Really? Considering the initial surprise over the 8.0 selling for $1m I'm surprised that you're certain (not doubting you, just surprised) that there would be people willing to pay maybe twice the 8.0

Just because one 8.0 action 1 sold for 1 mil doesn't mean there were no other buyers willing to pay that much, and it doesn't mean the guy who bought it for one mil would be willing to sell it for that.

When prices of super famous collectibles/art etc begin to move in a big way, the first "wow" sales tend to get the attention of other people who are able to pay that much, and more. It's not at all uncommon for those people to react to a one mil sale by saying "can I get one for that?" and when they hear, "no, you can't; not any more," it can cause prices to raise still further.

Of course prices can and do top out. But as it's been pointed out here and elsewhere, comics are still way, way, way, way, WAY behind other high value collectibles and artifacts.

This is true. But unless the buyer of the 8.0 is in the market for the 8.5 as well, we may have to consider that one of the people out there in the world that can and would pay 7 figures has done so and is now out of the mix.

Does that really matter? Probably not. As GAtor alluded to, he seems to know of at least 1 other person...other than himself, willing to find a way to purchase this book. Which I think is awesome. 4, seven figure sales in a span of weeks. That is pure WIN

understand, my statement about finding a way to buy it, would be "if" no one bought it at CC's asking price, and "if" they would accept my offer and "if" I would be given the time to sell some real estate, etc... so, basically let me be clear that I likely have NO shot at ever owning it.... but "if" the stars lined up right, I would try :)

called the 1mil 8.0 and I call 1.5 on this ( though others are thinking 2mil, so I gave a range lol )

Once we knew Fishler was putting the 8.0 up in a fixed price listing, even my grandmother called $1 million! :baiting:

Once we knew Fishler was putting the 8.0 up in a fixed price listing, even my grandmother called $1 million! :baiting:

Whats she sayin about this copy?

She thinks the Florida guy knows his stuff and agrees that it's $1.5-2. lol

Actually, she thinks the 8.0 sale hurt this book. If this book had come to market first, she thinks it could've gotten $2 million easy.

So what's the next high end book that is going to get shaken loose and sold in the wake of all these seven-figure deals flying around?

:acclaim: (she called me with that info, by the way....you shouldn't be publicly posting my "source" lol )

She thinks the Florida guy knows his stuff and agrees that it's $1.5-2. lol

Actually, she thinks the 8.0 sale hurt this book. If this book had come to market first, she thinks it could've gotten $2 million easy.

while I am not going to stick my neck out, I really think 1.5 mil is "the" price on this copy... a 50% premium over a slightly lower predigree 8.0....

now, is it worth 2 mil?...it is if S prices it at that and someone buys it ... maybe I just can't quite grasp all this WONDERFUL news yet

:acclaim: (she called me with that info, by the way....you shouldn't be publicly posting my "source" lol )

I have to admit we were very impressed by your mastery of Ningbo dialect.

Just because one 8.0 action 1 sold for 1 mil doesn't mean there were no other buyers willing to pay that much, and it doesn't mean the guy who bought it for one mil would be willing to sell it for that.

When prices of super famous collectibles/art etc begin to move in a big way, the first "wow" sales tend to get the attention of other people who are able to pay that much, and more. It's not at all uncommon for those people to react to a one mil sale by saying "can I get one for that?" and when they hear, "no, you can't; not any more," it can cause prices to raise still further.

Of course prices can and do top out. But as it's been pointed out here and elsewhere, comics are still way, way, way, way, WAY behind other high value collectibles and artifacts.

This is true. But unless the buyer of the 8.0 is in the market for the 8.5 as well, we may have to consider that one of the people out there in the world that can and would pay 7 figures has done so and is now out of the mix.

Does that really matter? Probably not. As GAtor alluded to, he seems to know of at least 1 other person...other than himself, willing to find a way to purchase this book. Which I think is awesome. 4, seven figure sales in a span of weeks. That is pure WIN

understand, my statement about finding a way to buy it, would be "if" no one bought it at CC's asking price, and "if" they would accept my offer and "if" I would be given the time to sell some real estate, etc... so, basically let me be clear that I likely have NO shot at ever owning it.... but "if" the stars lined up right, I would try :)

That is how I understood it. (thumbs u Now enough with the excuses. You know you want it. :D

:roflmao:

The mental image of Gator speaking fluent Ningbo is enough to make me spit Coke Zero out my nose.

Then again, I would not bet against Rick not knowing anything.

Funny post though Tim.

So what's the next high end book that is going to get shaken loose and sold in the wake of all these seven-figure deals flying around?

New Mutants #98 CGC 10.0

Maybe Steve will take it as part trade against the Action 8.5 :wishluck:

and tell her thank you for the cookies (thumbs u

wu_ningbo1.gif

That is how I understood it. (thumbs u Now enough with the excuses. You know you want it. :D

oh, I want it, but I was trying to convince S today to let me have 3 years to pay off the 3.0 on comic connect should I win that lol

while I am not going to stick my neck out, I really think 1.5 mil is "the" price on this copy... a 50% premium over a slightly lower predigree 8.0....

That's why in a bizarre way the 8.0 sale actually hurt it. Before the 8.0 emerged, there was just the MH and then the 8.5 copy, with the next best graded copy being a 7.5, with only rumor and legends about other copies somewhere between the 7.5 and MH. So the 8.5 had the benefit of being clearly superior to every other known and confirmed book except the MH. It's still superior, and still likely the 2nd best copy in existence, but the gap between 8.5 and 8.0 isn't as big a gap as 8.5 and 7.5, even in the world of Action 1s where every 0.5 increment is huge.

That's why in a bizarre way the 8.0 sale actually hurt it. Before the 8.0 emerged, there was just the MH and then the 8.5 copy, with the next best graded copy being a 7.5, with only rumor and legends about other copies somewhere between the 7.5 and MH. So the 8.5 had the benefit of being clearly superior to every other known and confirmed book except the MH. It's still superior, and still likely the 2nd best copy in existence, but the gap between 8.5 and 8.0 isn't as big a gap as 8.5 and 7.5, even in the world of Action 1s where every 0.5 increment is huge.

that was my thinking, but I was excited to sell a $500 xmen book at Mega con this week, so those numbers just boggle my mind lol

that was my thinking, but I was excited to sell a $500 xmen book at Mega con this week, so those numbers just boggle my mind lol

We're just Peons amongst the Keons... (worship)