• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FIGHT AGAINST CRIME #20 $400

33 posts in this topic

I sold a 1.8 for $750 last summer. That this 1.5 is still here for $400 really blows me away! :o

I tried selling an Amazing Spider-Man #5 today in GD for $110 (guide is $200) and no takers on it. So it was nearly 50% off guide.

Maybe people just aren't buying as much right now. (shrug)

I sold a 1.8 for $750 last summer. That this 1.5 is still here for $400 really blows me away! :o

I tried selling an Amazing Spider-Man #5 today in GD for $110 (guide is $200) and no takers on it. So it was nearly 50% off guide.

Maybe people just aren't buying as much right now. (shrug)

Think a bit of that and also the amount of quality material being offered for sale. I have already spent more than all of last year.

Bruce

The boards are a great place to sell, but the potential customer base is still small compared to ebay and other internet auction/sales sites. Sometimes a book can be a solid deal, but there just isn't a board member looking for it at that time.

Board sellers can be impatient at times, figuring that if a book doesn't sell in 24 hours there is no market it for it here unless heavily discounted.

I remember one time I had a GA book listed on the boards for $100 with free shipping with no takers, only to have a board member BIN it for $120 + shipping within an hour of me putting it on ebay less than a week later.

The boards are a great place to sell, but the potential customer base is still small compared to ebay and other internet auction/sales sites. Sometimes a book can be a solid deal, but there just isn't a board member looking for it at that time.

Board sellers can be impatient at times, figuring that if a book doesn't sell in 24 hours there is no market it for it here unless heavily discounted.

I remember one time I had a GA book listed on the boards for $100 with free shipping with no takers, only to have a board member BIN it for $120 + shipping within an hour of me putting it on ebay less than a week later.

True. But then again the few that are here are very serious about the books. Usually you can spark some interest.

Last night I had the ASM 5 for sale on here for $110 with no takers and then moved it to eBay for $210 or best offer. Some one bought it straight out for $210 only a few hours after I posted it on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270548329427&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

True. But then again the few that are here are very serious about the books. Usually you can spark some interest.

Last night I had the ASM 5 for sale on here for $110 with no takers and then moved it to eBay for $210 or best offer. Some one bought it straight out for $210 only a few hours after I posted it on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270548329427&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

That happens a lot around here.

Books that don't sell here often fetch a lot more elsewhere.

(thumbs u

That happens a lot around here.

Books that don't sell here often fetch a lot more elsewhere.

(thumbs u

hm