• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOOKING for a BOOK.. called The Origin of Marvel Comics 1975

14 posts in this topic

Hi, does anyone know anything about a book that was for sale through Bronze age Marvel comics.

I see adds for it in Giant Size Defenders #5, and I am sure lots of other titles.

It was called "The Origin of Marvel Comics"

by Stan Lee.

Did anyone own this?, does anyone have 1 for sale?

Can you tell me anything about it.?

I know it came in 2 versions, 1 cloth , and one slick paper .

Thanks

Zeman

It was a Fireside book of origin and other stories released by Simon and Schuster in 1974. Contains the following reprints:

FF #1

FF #55

Hulk #1

Hulk #118

Amazing Fantasy #15

Amazing Spider-Man #72

Journey into Mystery #83

Thor #143

Strange Tales #110

Strange Tales #115

Strange Tales #155

Jim

I bought this book new when it first came out. It was a great way to read some of the stories that I couldn't afford at the time. You should be able to find a copy on ebay for not much. I just checked and there were several for sale.

Steve.

I bought this book new when it first came out. It was a great way to read some of the stories that I couldn't afford at the time. You should be able to find a copy on ebay for not much. I just checked and there were several for sale.

Steve.

happen to have a link to one?

?

If not, Ill go dig around me self.

Thanks all for info

Plus there's Son of Origins of Marvel Comics, Bring on the Bad Guys and one with the Women of Marvel Comics (don't remember the exact title).

Had all of these as a kid and they are great. Before each title, there is a few pages written by Stan Lee explaining the ORIGIN behind the origin, so to speak.

Good Luck.

Plus there's Son of Origins of Marvel Comics, Bring on the Bad Guys and one with the Women of Marvel Comics (don't remember the exact title).

The Superhero Women

Got me started collecting Ms. Marvel and (maybe) Red Sonja.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I have all of the softcovers, and a few of the hardcovers (Silver Surfer, Bring on the Bad Guys and Origins of Marvel Comics). Softcovers I will sell, hardcovers are expensive, but I will sell for the right price. PM me if you're interested.

Here's a good link with more info: linky

Yo Zeman,

I've got it. This is the book that Stan Lee sent to me for collecting all 100 Marvel Value Stamps, thereby cutting the value of my collection in half for a mere $5.95!!!

yowza,

divad foreheadslap.gif