• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wait... the Church Flash 1 just sold for $450k?

134 posts in this topic

I hope Veryzl slabbs the Church MC#1 and gets $3M+ for it and then we can watch the MC#1 haters scramble for cover. Lets face it if its really a 9.8 it won't be a stretch to suggest that it would sell for more than the Church Action #1.

This might be the funniest thing I've read all month.

I agree with Tim that it would be a distant 3rd at best, as most likely the nicest Superman #1 would also be a strong challenger for the #3 spot.

+1 on that. A 9.0 Superman #1 would outsell pretty much everything but the big two. No one here bats an eye at rumors of the the Mile High Superman #1 (a book with issues) selling for $500,000.

So the best Superman #1 is NOT the MH copy then, right? It's probably whatever copy that Anderson owns, since Anderson didn't feel compelled to keep the MH copy? Does anyone know if it's a pedigree?

I know bechara told me that dave had the mile high and his keeper copy side by side and that they were "very" close...

Apparently not so close that he kept the pedigreed MH copy instead of the other copy. (shrug)

obviously the scale must have tipped in the direction of the copy dave had, but to hear it told, it was not by much (thumbs u

I hope Veryzl slabbs the Church MC#1 and gets $3M+ for it and then we can watch the MC#1 haters scramble for cover. Lets face it if its really a 9.8 it won't be a stretch to suggest that it would sell for more than the Church Action #1.

I agree with Tim that it would be a distant 3rd at best, as most likely the nicest Superman #1 would also be a strong challenger for the #3 spot.

+1 on that. A 9.0 Superman #1 would outsell pretty much everything but the big two. No one here bats an eye at rumors of the the Mile High Superman #1 (a book with issues) selling for $500,000.

So the best Superman #1 is NOT the MH copy then, right? It's probably whatever copy that Anderson owns, since Anderson didn't feel compelled to keep the MH copy? Does anyone know if it's a pedigree?

Yes, I've got Dave's copy down as the best for that very reason. From what I can gather it's not much nicer than the MH (and from what I remember of it, I'd be shocked if it was nicer looking than the MH- a stunning book)

I know bechara told me that dave had the mile high and his keeper copy side by side and that they were "very" close...

I've heard that it might be around a 9.0. Which tells you how tough Superman #1 really is in high grade.

Apparently not so close that he kept the pedigreed MH copy instead of the other copy. (shrug)

obviously the scale must have tipped in the direction of the copy dave had, but to hear it told, it was not by much (thumbs u

What I mean is that even when a MH book is structurally similar or even inferior to another book, it still LOOKS better (except maybe when compared to a SF book) and most people will pick the MH copy. So either the books were of pretty similar structural grade, in which case the book he kept presented even better than the MH copy, or the book maybe didn`t present as well as the MH copy but was so structurally superior that it made up for the difference in appearance.

What I mean is that even when a MH book is structurally similar or even inferior to another book, it still LOOKS better (except maybe when compared to a SF book) and most people will pick the MH copy. So either the books were of pretty similar structural grade, in which case the book he kept presented even better than the MH copy, or the book maybe didn`t present as well as the MH copy but was so structurally superior that it made up for the difference in appearance.

I would be shocked if it presented better than the Church copy. The Church copy is a stunner.

that is the same thing Bechara told me... that the MH "popped" even when compared to the other copy, but the other was just a wee bit structurally better (thumbs u

Anyone know if the pedigree book (circa 2017) will contain approximate grades too? We sure need that to keep all of these copies straight....

They'll include the grades assigned by the person/people that brought it to the market, when that info is available, and CGC grades of some of the best books, again, when available

Its not restored but its been tampered with.

The MH Supes 1? Can you elaborate?

the discussion earlier in this thread I think is that it was restored and then the restoration scraped off. So blue label but since some view resto removal as resto the words "tampered with" were carefully selected

Its not restored but its been tampered with.

The MH Supes 1? Can you elaborate?

the discussion earlier in this thread I think is that it was restored and then the restoration scraped off. So blue label but since some view resto removal as resto the words "tampered with" were carefully selected

Thanks much

that is the same thing Bechara told me... that the MH "popped" even when compared to the other copy, but the other was just a wee bit structurally better (thumbs u

Well, Anderson makes mistakes too. He passed over the AT copy of one of the early pre-Robin Tecs that ER now owns (Tec 31?), and I think West at one time on these boards said that Anderson's copy (which I presume is the MH) was not as good.