• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blazing Bob helps me break 100,000

92 posts in this topic

I'm glad you're doing better Cal!

Thanx CD!

I have a new hobby - our dog named Holly!

She has been my loyal companion while I was home recouping!

Then I was able to start walking her, at first short walks.

Then longer walks. I discovered that I started to lose a pound here, a pound there, which gave me more incentive to get well again.

Hope all is well with you!

CAL :hi:

Sounds like your are healthier and happier. Glad to hear it.

Thanx for the kind words!

Hope all is well with you and family!!!

CAL happy for a change...

Which makes you one of us nerdballs. JC. Your time machine is this Forum.

In a way you're right, as I do love talking comics.

But my skin does crawl when one of these "hottest comic babes", "who's the sexiest movie star?", "I want to date Jessica Alba" etc. dateless fanboy threads appears. Literally.

me, too.

well, not literally, but the gist is the same.

know what i do? i don't read them.

actually, i don't read a lot of the stuff on here any more. you should probably try that tack, if reading threads and posts here is going to make you irritated enough to voice an opinion. you'll live healthier and happier

For all the people who offered congrats - thank you. It is nice to talk about this milestone with some people who can appreciate it as I think I am like many in that I have a wife who doesn't mind my hobby but doesn't show too much interest in it very often.

Congrats, but I'm a little surprised that you feel that you need a certain number of Registry points to somehow legitimize your collection, especially since the majority is raw.

Perhaps legitimize is not the right word but since leaving NYC for Hong Kong six years ago it can be a challenge to get people to agree to deal with me and ship all the way over here. Having a reasonable registry ranking has certainly help facilitate deals in terms of making people more comfortable with me and helping prove that I am legit. Having a great raw collection does not provide the same thing as there is no real way to show people I want to buy stuff from. Kind of like how having great eBay feedback can provide people with comfort dealing with me.

While not overly concerned about Registry Points...

And you care so little you felt the need to start a new forum thread about it... meh

Maybe I should start all my posts with, "While not overly concerned if mealy-mouthed brats invest their parent's retirement savings on Modern comics".

Go rain on someone else's parade. I've never said anything negative to you so I have no idea why you'd bother to do so to me.

Congrats David.

100,000 points represents a lot of quality slabs. If you have a lot more raw books than your collection must be pretty amazing. It would be nice to see some scans of your favorite books in this thread and I'm wondering who you've bought the majority of your books from.

Shops I have bought the majority of my raw books from would include:

Regina - Regina Book Exchange (Comic Corner), Tramps, Reader's Bookshop

Calgary - Another Dimension

Edmonton - White Castle (or something like that)

Toronto - Many shops but I had my pull list at Hairy Turantula and bought lots of books from Silver Snail and Dragon Lady

London UK - Showcase something or other in Soho

NYC - Many but my regular shop was St Marks Comics

Hong Kong - Clarks and Metropolis

For slabs ComicLink, eBay and Heritage would be the main three but I've also bought from Metropolis/ComicConnect, BlazingBob, WorldWideComics, Showcase NewEngland, and number of boardies and other shops.

I don't have any scans of my raw books readily available but I do save scans of slabs I buy. In terms of slabs a few of my favorites are:

94902.jpg.77fd469ba83faf217f6ee5dc692160be.jpg

94903.jpg.1edf9ae0b900d42960c1e64a329d0b22.jpg

94904.jpg.a0500e786053bcd6b0135a62a35f7eac.jpg

94905.jpg.2eebefcca73e7907b8797455767a409b.jpg

94906.jpg.adc19e520108d8534dda934a8a973b54.jpg

Go rain on someone else's parade. I've never said anything negative to you so I have no idea why you'd bother to do so to me.

Vince can't help it, its his nature to pee in everyone else's Cheerios.

Short break?

For all the people who offered congrats - thank you. It is nice to talk about this milestone with some people who can appreciate it as I think I am like many in that I have a wife who doesn't mind my hobby but doesn't show too much interest in it very often.

Congrats, but I'm a little surprised that you feel that you need a certain number of Registry points to somehow legitimize your collection, especially since the majority is raw.

Perhaps legitimize is not the right word but since leaving NYC for Hong Kong six years ago it can be a challenge to get people to agree to deal with me and ship all the way over here. Having a reasonable registry ranking has certainly help facilitate deals in terms of making people more comfortable with me and helping prove that I am legit. Having a great raw collection does not provide the same thing as there is no real way to show people I want to buy stuff from. Kind of like how having great eBay feedback can provide people with comfort dealing with me.

And you care so little you felt the need to start a new forum thread about it... meh

Maybe I should start all my posts with, "While not overly concerned if mealy-mouthed brats invest their parent's retirement savings on Modern comics".

Congrats David.

100,000 points represents a lot of quality slabs. If you have a lot more raw books than your collection must be pretty amazing. It would be nice to see some scans of your favorite books in this thread and I'm wondering who you've bought the majority of your books from.

Toronto - Many shops but I had my pull list at Hairy Turantula and bought lots of books from Silver Snail and Dragon Lady

For slabs ComicLink, eBay and Heritage would be the main three but I've also bought from Metropolis/ComicConnect, BlazingBob, WorldWideComics, Showcase NewEngland, and number of boardies and other shops.

I don't have any scans of my raw books readily available but I do save scans of slabs I buy. In terms of slabs a few of my favorites are:

Impressive.Congrats on the milestone.

Vince can't help it, its his nature to pee in everyone else's Cheerios.

Short break?

Like any addict, I occasionally relapse. :grin:

Congrats David.

I'm quite taken with your copy of FF5. Such a great book.