• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM annual #1 cgc 9.6!

53 posts in this topic

893frustrated.gif Didn't you just do it? confused-smiley-013.gif

Blow me foolio. I meant how long before someone makes a negative comment about the miswrap. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sigh...you get a custom title and you think you run the forums! smirk.gif

Well it looks like the big cash out is in progress! Insanely high grade books at insane prices. 3 copies of the oh so rare JiM 83 for sale all at the same time - 2 9.0s and an 8.0 after an 8.5 sold a few days ago? And FF 12 - even more high grade copies at unthinkable prices! Will be interesting to see where the money comes from to move all this stuff at these prices. I think pretty soon a lot of this stuff will start to gather dust.

$30K for an avengers #4 is NUTS!!!! Whoever priced that needs to lay off the pipe.

Nothing wrong with pricing the books way out there...its the guy that buys the book at 30K who needs to lay off the pipe. insane.gif893whatthe.gif

Well it looks like the big cash out is in progress!

Indeed.

So much for the theory that these high end books are "locked" into collections and are never coming out. This is the first major cash out, but there will be more. And if we're all wondering where the money is going to come from to absorb these books from now, when there's still a good amount of people willing to pay these prices, there will only be less and less money available as the years pass. And while the census may not grow in leaps and bounds, it ain't getting smaller either. Definetly something to chew on. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

$30K for an avengers #4 is NUTS!!!! Whoever priced that needs to lay off the pipe.

Nothing wrong with pricing the books way out there...its the guy that buys the book at 30K who needs to lay off the pipe. insane.gif893whatthe.gif

i would agree with both statements...i think there are too many people smokin the ol pipe now a days...... thumbsup2.gif

Exactly. The owner is being smart. He's introducing the first 9.6 to be offered publically, and he's doing it in the midst of a buying frenzy where record prices are being set daily. He sets an astronomical price; If he sells the book at that price, he's laughing. If not, he gets offers, and it's very likely he will eventually end up with a offer that will leave a big grin on his face, even if it isn't 30K.

He's introducing the first 9.6 to be offered publically,

For the record, its not the first public offering of a 9.6. One sold on ebay in the summer of 2000 for $6K+. The Blazing One bought a 9.2 from me and resold it to the owner who cashed out of the 9.6, or so Bob related to me when I delivered the book to him in San Diego.

He's introducing the first 9.6 to be offered publically,

For the record, its not the first public offering of a 9.6. One sold on ebay in the summer of 2000 for $6K+. The Blazing One bought a 9.2 from me and resold it to the owner who cashed out of the 9.6, or so Bob related to me when I delivered the book to him in San Diego.

Interesting. That's a couple of months before I got into this madness, so I missed seeing it. Good to know. It actually says a lot about how dangerously fast this market has progressed in such a small amount of time.