• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 4 CGC 9.6!!!

35 posts in this topic

What is this, the bash Marvel thread? I don't hop around in the Golden Age forum telling you guys your CGC'd G.A. books are overgraded. mad.gif

Brian

Well... I call it like it see it, no matter what it is.

Timely

pretty cheap for a nest copy Original Marvel Key!

But, you have to ask yourself if youre the buyer, will it ALWAYS be a Key???

Basically a prototype issue that has been dubbed "first Ant-Man"....but things can change and its never had 100% support of its claim to fame.

...and - - its only Ant Man, fer chrissakes. Still, the Best is The Best is The BEST.

pretty cheap for a nest copy Original Marvel Key!

But, you have to ask yourself if youre the buyer, will it ALWAYS be a Key???

Basically a prototype issue that has been dubbed "first Ant-Man"....but things can change and its never had 100% support of its claim to fame.

...and - - its only Ant Man, fer chrissakes. Still, the Best is The Best is The BEST.

Definitely a KEY Marvel in my book.

But this is interesting.

It just sold for $19K in CGC 9.2 yet the FF #2 in CGC 9.2 is only $13K.

What is interesting is that BOTH books were issued the same month.

Based on that information, which would you think should be worth more?

As a note, if someone has a nice CGC VF copy of TTA #27, I could be interested.

But this is interesting.

It just sold for $19K in CGC 9.2 yet the FF #2 in CGC 9.2 is only $13K.

What is interesting is that BOTH books were issued the same month.

Based on that information, which would you think should be worth more?

That is interestin, isn't it.

I would suggest TTA 27 is far rarer in grade across the board than FF#2, but I'm sure demand on FF#2 is greater.

Timely

I think antman deserves some respect. Sure, not much has been done with the hero in the past oh thirty years but he was still part of that early 60s lee/kirby marvel explosion (not the mention one of the first avengers characters and the first hero issue of a long-running marvel title - TTA) and it's one of the rarest-in-grade marvel keys.

Definitely not that sexy a key, but important and relatively htf nontheless. Besides, if I recall correctly, this book has been slipping against the other marvel keys in the guide for a long time, which really is as it should be.

I'd still buy one at the right price.