• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 4 CGC 9.6!!!

35 posts in this topic

This is second only to my desire for a Cap 1. I'd at least make an offer if it was priced in the 17k-20k range. 29k is just too high. I've only seen 3 9.4's, 2 of them went for 4,000-5,500. The last one kept getting relisted until the seller finally came down and it went for 6k.

Brian

Don't most of the Ohios have a big, black grease pencil arrival date on them? This is the first one I've seen that didn't...REALLY nice copy there!

The right-edge slant that's on almost every issue from March/April 1964 is present on that copy, just like it is on most copies of Daredevil #1 and Fantastic Four #25...although I've definitely seen worse slants on Avengers 4 copies.

Wouldn't really call it a "miswrap"...all the Marvels from that month have cover art that is too-tightly packed. Look how tightly the "Marvel Comics Group" logo hugs the left edge AND how tightly the Comics Code symbol hugs the right edge...this copy has just about perfect centering given the cover graphics that month. DD 1 and FF 25 have the same tightly-packed graphics problem.

I have bought and sold Avengers 4s in 9.0, 9.2 and 9.4. The 9.0 I sold went for $1950 and i bought a 9.2 for $2500 and a 9.4 for $5500. So at best I think a 9.6 is a $12,000 book. Other prices are equally as insane though - $12,000 on the FF 12 9.2 and almost $30 for a TOS 39 9.2 - and the FF 2 9.2 and the FF 4 9.2? Maybe someone in the UK with the power of the British pound can buy them. And the JiM 83s for $16,000 and 19,000 - come on!

What a steal, a mere 12X Guide for a book where there are 3 other 9.6 copies in the Census, and who knows how many more waiting out still unslabbed. 893whatthe.gif

Boy, how I wish I collected Marvel so I could jump on this deal!!!

What a steal, a mere 12X Guide for a book where there are 3 other 9.6 copies in the Census, and who knows how many more waiting out still unslabbed. 893whatthe.gif

Boy, how I wish I collected Marvel so I could jump on this deal!!!

The above shows that $30K is an absolutely outragous price to pay for this book. What will happen to this price WHEN a CGC 9.8 comes along in the marketplace. makepoint.gif