• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Join the "My books don't get any sweeter, just older!" sale!!!

243 posts in this topic

Howard the Duck 1 8.0 2.00

The mighty, late, great Steve Gerber, one of the best and quirkiest comics writers ever.

scan0003.jpg

:takeit:

I seem to recall this being known as a rare and valuable book when I was collecting in the late 70's. Is that correct?

Welcome back John, haven't seen you on ion a while.

Thanks! No one has....been living a comic free life for a while. :(

What's it like?

The mighty, late, great Steve Gerber, one of the best and quirkiest comics writers ever.

I seem to recall this being known as a rare and valuable book when I was collecting in the late 70's. Is that correct?

For a while yes, this book was on fire...then the movie, then cancellation......now it's just what it is. Easy to find in any grade.

Avengers 63 9.0 14.00

Wait, weren't Goliath and Ant Man the same dude? Or was this Hawkeye? I could never keep up. At least he knows who to grab.

:whee: Thanks!

What's it like?

bittersweet.

scan0003.jpg

Not rare, but briefly valuable - I think this copy would have cost around $2 in the summer of 1976 - more than a Hulk #181 at the time probably.

scan0003.jpg

Not rare, but briefly valuable - I think this copy would have cost around $2 in the summer of 1976 - more than a Hulk #181 at the time probably.

This book was a twenty dollar book shortly after it came out.

Avengers 55 8.0 10.00 :news: SOLD

Beatiful book structurally but there is mild dust shadowing on the edges. Very pretty though.

And my favorite Avengers line-up cause I'm pretty sure Kitty Pryde could kick all their asses.

scan0011.jpg

scan0012.jpg

Avengers 55 8.0 10.00

Beatiful book structurally but there is mild dust shadowing on the edges. Very pretty though.

And my favorite Avengers line-up cause I'm pretty sure Kitty Pryde could kick all their asses.

scan0011.jpg

scan0012.jpg

Avengers 55 8.0 10.00

You got it.

Avengers 45 9.0 16.00 :news: SOLD

Super shiny cover, white pages, red ink dist stain bc.

I swear I thought I scanned the bc.....the ink stain is at the top, 1/2 inch or so. Very nice book.

scan0013.jpg

Avengers 45 9.0 16.00

Super shiny cover, white pages, red ink dist stain bc.

I swear I thought I scanned the bc.....the ink stain is at the top, 1/2 inch or so. Very nice book.

Flash! Ah, ahhhh! Savior of the universe! SOLD!