• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian Bolland OA ?

27 posts in this topic

Thanks for the answer! I actually do have the HC reprint of the killing joke and have been meaning to pick up another copy of the original to compare. I always loved those "spot the difference" games as a kid. Does he ever create prints? Either original (not previously published) or a print run of some of his covers?

If you haven't picked up a copy of the Anniversary Hardcover of The Killing Joke I suggest you give it a shot. In addition to recoloring the story to his satisfaction he has stated that he changed (added, subtracted, altered in some way) something on every page of the book. It's, sort of, the Apocalypse Now Heart of Darkness Cut of Killing Joke. The story is exactly the same with changes by the director subtly included to get it closer to where he wanted it.

I didn't like the Apocalypse Now Redux and didn't see the reason for the anniversary edition of Killing Joke. Sometimes things just need to be left alone.

If you haven't picked up a copy of the Anniversary Hardcover of The Killing Joke I suggest you give it a shot. In addition to recoloring the story to his satisfaction he has stated that he changed (added, subtracted, altered in some way) something on every page of the book. It's, sort of, the Apocalypse Now Heart of Darkness Cut of Killing Joke. The story is exactly the same with changes by the director subtly included to get it closer to where he wanted it.

I didn't like the Apocalypse Now Redux and didn't see the reason for the anniversary edition of Killing Joke. Sometimes things just need to be left alone.

I think from the very beginning Brian would have preferred to color the original Killing Joke version himself. Time constraints prevented that from happening and I think he's looked at the books as not finished in the way he would have preferred ever since.

The new coloring is in keeping with the story and is far less (for lack of a better word) "drastic" than the original color scheme. It's actually gorgeous.

As for the small detailed altered, you'd never really notice them unless you were looking for them. The story itself is unchanged and materially unaltered.

Give it a shot, you will see what I mean.

I'm with you, I liked the original KJ coloring job better as well.

Side note: Man do I wish he had Jack/Fables originals available!

Hi,

Thanks for everyone's input.

I ordered the Bolland Dredd page from Simon Reed.

Not exactly cheap but the only piece of Bolland's Dredd that I could afford atm.

Hopefully that was a wise investment... (buyer's remorse naggin').

Hi,

Thanks for everyone's input.

I ordered the Bolland Dredd page from Simon Reed.

Not exactly cheap but the only piece of Bolland's Dredd that I could afford atm.

Hopefully that was a wise investment... (buyer's remorse naggin').

Simon is a joy to deal with and an original Bolland Dredd is never something to be remorseful about. Nice pickup!!