• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Return Policies

62 posts in this topic

Hey, let's all start posting PM's.

Maybe we could have a brand new sub-forum entitled: "PM's, the P means Public"

We've heard talk about the need for the search function to extend into our PM's. Well, I've gotta better idea. Why not allow one person to search another person's PM's at any given moment & without any notice between the persons?

This could get rich.

Also, is this thread strictly about Canadians? What's with that? It seems to me that Canada is almost always to blame for everything.

Post your password ASAP, it's a brilliant idea.

but still a good topic to talk about

I agree. However, I believe when you post something such as "Satisfaction Guaranteed" you should be ready to accept a return for any reason without debating whether or not the reason has validity.

I would like a return on your "Satisfaction Guaranteed" barkering before our stay togther at the Holiday Inn Express last weekend in Orlando. It just didn't suit me upon reflection.

We've heard talk about the need for the search function to extend into our PM's. Well, I've gotta better idea. Why not allow one person to search another person's PM's at any given moment & without any notice between the persons?

This could get rich.

Also, is this thread strictly about Canadians? What's with that? It seems to me that Canada is almost always to blame for everything.

PM sent. Get ready for sleepy time. zzz

I agree. However, I believe when you post something such as "Satisfaction Guaranteed" you should be ready to accept a return for any reason without debating whether or not the reason has validity.

I would like a return on your "Satisfaction Guaranteed" barkering before our stay together at the Holiday Inn Express last weekend in Orlando. It just didn't suit me upon reflection.
What did you expect in exchange for the breakfast buffet at the Sizzler? You got what you paid for. (shrug)

I would like a return on your "Satisfaction Guaranteed" barkering before our stay together at the Holiday Inn Express last weekend in Orlando. It just didn't suit me upon reflection.
What did you expect in exchange for the breakfast buffet at the Sizzler? You got what you paid for. (shrug)

:sorry:

Blame Canada for EmoPenny too.

This could get rich.

:o

Damn, what prompted you to keep those pictures? Did the sheep sign a waiver??

This could get rich.

Hell, if I know Tupenny, the sheep were too damn drunk to sign anything. :/

It was Canadian beer. :foryou:

It was Canadian beer. :foryou:

:whee:

Alrighty then.

Thanks drbanner. I've officially entered in to a debate that I suspected wasn't worth the time in the first place. I owe you one. :baiting:

First and foremost, Patrick did apologize when I PMed that I wasn't happy with one of the books. My post earlier did make it seem as though the seller in that transaction did not. I was generalizing sellers while using a specific example. I shouldn't have because that implied it as a fact to my specific example.

I am sorry that this now may have a direct impact on Patrick. The post truly was intended to be about sellers overall, and the meaning of "satisfaction guaranteed". It was not intended to on Patrick's grading.

I did buy two books from Patrick in that transaction. One fell in to the "range of subjectivity" and was not mentioned initially. The other had a significant flaw that was not mentioned in the description, and to me falls well out of range of 8.5 grade given. I initially clearly stated that it was not worth returning. Why would I want to pay shipping back to Canada on a $14 book? I did state "it's not a big deal" more than once. I called the book an 8.0 when he asked my opinion of the grade, although, I wouldn't have graded it that, and would have noted a significant defect that could not be seen in the scan.

What I'm guilty of in that PM and overall transaction, is being nice.

As a seller, I want to know, when I mess up so I let Patrick know about it with no intention of any refund or returning the book. I figured it was a mistake on his part, but he did go on to justify his grade. From there I figured any further conversation would be a waste of time and exited the conversation politely.

Patrick thinks I've been sitting on this fro months and just waiting to slam him publicly. Really, it's not the case. This came more from a recent conversation about return policies on CGC books. Yes, when I clicked on the "High Grade Daredevils" thread this morning and saw it was Pickycollector and his thread introduction and policies, It did motivate my post.

For me "Satisfaction Guaranteed" means just that. There really are no stipulations, except that I get the books back.

Which reminded me of a waste of time and money a few weeks back. I bought a couple of inexpensive books.

I didn't want or expect a refund or anything else, but an apology instead of a debate would have insured my business in the future.

Well, then please first be sure that you are accurate with your affirmations. Don't say "an apology instead of a debate would have insured my business in the future." when the first thing I did was to apologize to you indeed.

Also, I was not debating with you regarding the grade I gave to the book, I was just explaining why I gave it such a grade. The book was totally flawless except for that crease. I think it was a tough one to grade. But since I had an Avengers #47 CGC 8.5 (bought in this Forum from another member) that had a similar crease on back cover (and front cover was not even as nice as that DD), I thought a grade of 8.5 was fair. You had the right to disagree which you did. You said the grade was 8.0, not far in my book. But I told you that grading is subjective. You still could have asked for a return and I would have said yes without any "debate". You should have told me and I would have tried to work things with you. I still did on a PM tonight offering you that you do return the books (even if four months later...) which you did not answer.

Satisfaction guaranteed means I will accept a return for any reason. You disagree with my grading or you don't like the book because it has a specific flaw that you do not like. One customer told me once: "I agree with the grade you gave on the book but I don't like that particular flaw, can I return it ? " My answer was yes, of course. Some sellers here would have not accepted a return for such a reason. That is what I mean by "Satisfaction guaranteed". Don't tell people that I do not respect my policy. This is not true. When you say more than once that it doesn't worth a return in PMs, why complaining four months later publicly if you did not even try to work things with me privately first ? Even if you say you don't, you are indirectly attacking my reputation for a $14 comic book and a grading difference of 8.0 vs 8.5. I would never dare doing such a thing as a buyer, especially if I don't even want nor did ask to return a book.

Again, if you wanted to return the book, you should have told me. I think it is unfair that you do bring this publicly four months later when you never told me directly the first time. As a buyer, If I had to go publicly every time I had a little disagreement with somebody's else grading, I would spend all my time in these forums (I already spend too much time..) and I don't think people would still want to sell to me.

"What I'm guilty of in that PM and overall transaction, is being nice." : Not at all, what you are guilty of is to complain publicly when you did not try to work things with me first. 'nuff said.

This could get rich.

Cripes, are you guys from the PETA Legal Action Mob? Those sheep were all adults & could all do as they damn well pleased with whom they damn well pleased. Oh, & one more thing, at least they appreciated the Sizzler Breakfast Buffet & let it be known over & over & over again.

Alrighty then.

Thanks drbanner. I've officially entered in to a debate that I suspected wasn't worth the time in the first place. I owe you one. :baiting:

:shy:

I agree with the below statement but since the "Customer is always right" sellers should eat their comments also.

I got a book returned recently. Sent it in a box, came back in a padded envelope, no cardboard around the book, nicely cracked in multiple places.

I will say this, the buyer when returning the book should have the common decency to pack the book in a similar manner as he/she received it ... is not always the case

Darn, you mean the 3 books I returned to the Ebay seller today"? they were in some kind of floppy looseleaf thingy, I put them in bags and boards...If they don't know how to pack, I'm not going to make the poor comics suffer...

This could get rich.

Cripes, are you guys from the PETA Legal Action Mob? Those sheep were all adults & could all do as they damn well pleased with whom they damn well pleased. Oh, & one more thing, at least they appreciated the Sizzler Breakfast Buffet & let it be known over & over & over again.

Well, what do you expect from sheep? They're always looking for security at someone else's expense.