• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man 252 Art~Does it Exist??

7 posts in this topic

ASM 252 is one of my favorite books which stirs-up great memories of collecting in the past. I would love to find some original art from the book but for the life of me I can't even get a lead on a page.

It is obviously out there somewhere...has anyone seen any for sale or can give me a clue as to who to contact?

Thanks.

ASM 252 is one of my favorite books which stirs-up great memories of collecting in the past. I would love to find some original art from the book but for the life of me I can't even get a lead on a page.

It is obviously out there somewhere...has anyone seen any for sale or can give me a clue as to who to contact?

Thanks.

There are two pages on www.comicartfans.com right now.

Enter Amazing Spider-Man #252 and these pop up.

252b.jpg

and

tom2522.jpg

I saw two pages for sale at one of the very first conventions I attended back in 1984 at the Wheaton, MD Jubillee Conventions show. I think they were from the front of the book. Back then, they were priced for $50 each. It seemed high at the time, but I didn't know what original art should go for. I just thought they were cool, but I couldn't afford them.

I saw two pages for sale at one of the very first conventions I attended back in 1984 at the Wheaton, MD Jubillee Conventions show. I think they were from the front of the book. Back then, they were priced for $50 each. It seemed high at the time, but I didn't know what original art should go for. I just thought they were cool, but I couldn't afford them.

Biggest collecting mistake?

252b.jpg

I know that the owner of this page has turned down some "crazy money" offers for it.

252b.jpg

I know that the owner of this page has turned down some "crazy money" offers for it.

At the time he got it he paid pretty "crazy money" for it (at the time it was), if I am remembering it right.

I am sure crazy money now is about 4 times that much.

Far from the biggest mistake. At that time, you probably could have bought a Romita ASM cover for about $50-75 so $50 for single page was a lot of money.

Mike Zeck did offer me the complete interior books to Punisher #3 & #4 for about $400/each back in 1986 and the complete Cap Annual #8 interior for $800 a little later. Those could be up there as nominees for the biggest missed opportunities! And who can forget the classic covers I passed on for $50-75 - Cap #332, Daredevil #241 - all because I was more into collecting G.I. Joe art at the time!

Biggest collecting mistake?