• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery Men #27 & #29, 1941 Fox! GGA/bondage, Hitler cover... sold!

26 posts in this topic

Hello, all! I'm over my various illnesses of the past month (endless winter, anyone else?), and am looking to get back to fundraising for an early Tec in the weeks & months to come. :busy: A pair of cool Foxes on the chopping block tonight.

Shipping extra (figure $6 in US/Canada). Thanks for looking! (thumbs u

Mystery Men #27, Oct. 1941 in 1.8/2.0. Tough Fox book with a Hitler cover, which actually predates America's involvement in WWII by a few months. Stories include Blue Beetle, Green Mask, The Wraith and more. Worn but solid overall; cover wrap is loose from staples. Really pretty cover colors. Nice supple OW/white pages. These late-in-the-run Fox superhero books are very hard to find.

$115 SOLD

mm27.jpg

mm27back.jpg

Glad you are feeling better , Jon! I wondered why you were so quiet.

Thanks, Sharon! Hope all's well with you. :hi:

Also had my computer completely die... about as fun as it sounds... which has limited my internet time this past week or so. :eek:

Mystery Men #29, Dec. 1941 in 3.0. Fantastic GGA bondage cover! ...in the proud Fox tradition. :) Stories with Blue Beetle, Green Mask, The Lynx and many more. Solid, attractive lower-grade book. There's a bottom spine split just over an inch, discreetly resealed inside with a bit of tape. Staples have rust. Cover is attached at staples, though centerfold is loose with light edge wear. Nice supple OW/white pages. Incredibly scarce book -- in 8 years of Fox collecting, I've never seen another copy.

$135 SOLD

mm29.jpg

mm29back.jpg

Mystery Men #27, Oct. 1941 in 1.8/2.0. Tough Fox book with a Hitler cover, which actually predates America's involvement in WWII by a few months. Stories include Blue Beetle, Green Mask, The Wraith and more. Worn but solid overall; cover wrap is loose from staples. Really pretty cover colors. Nice supple OW/white pages. These late-in-the-run Fox superhero books are very hard to find.

$115

mm27.jpg

mm27back.jpg

:takeit:

Hey Jon! To get some of these books at these prices is just :screwy:

In a good way!

:grin:

Thanks, Lucio. :headbang:

It's always a bit of a downer to let go of these early Foxes, as it's pretty unlikely I'll be able to replace them again. But, what can ya do? :)