• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your Magazine collection.
27 27

8,269 posts in this topic

TrueConfessions1925-03coverMarlandStone.thumb.jpg.4eff2a45c7728bbc8fc3a52cdee49c30.jpg

Makes it 100 years only to be wrapped like a brick of cheap mexican in tight plastic and sent on its way taped up in folded up recycled cardboard.  Then the mailman has his way with it.

Ten bucks but gottdamn, not the point.  Currently getting pressed for a month before I take another look.

I might collect different sorts of magazines than y'all, but we'll just see, eh?

Edited by Darwination

On 9/18/2023 at 6:03 PM, Darwination said:

TrueConfessions1925-03coverMarlandStone.thumb.jpg.4eff2a45c7728bbc8fc3a52cdee49c30.jpg

Makes it 100 years only to be wrapped like a brick of cheap mexican in tight plastic and sent on it's way taped up in folded up recycled cardboard.  Then the mailman has his way with it.

Ten bucks but gottdamn, not the point.  Currently getting pressed for a month before I take another look.

I might collect different sorts of magazines than y'all we'll just see, eh?

Cool book!

Yeah, anyone that's spent a bit of time collecting these non-comic mags has had the unfortunate experience of terrible packing and arriving damaged.

The worst one I got was a package that was sandwiched between 2 pieces cardboard and then had duct tape wrapped around the perimeter.  The cardboard was somehow cut to be the exact dimensions of the magazine inside, which was not in a bag of any kind... of course, I didn't know this going in so I took an knife to the edge trying to open it and, to my horror, inadvertently sliced the book before discovering that the duct tape was adhered to all sides of the book.  The duct tape did not come off cleanly.

It was probably a VF before it was sent.  Closer to a VG- by the time I got the book out of that nightmare.  It was like a horrible trap that was impossible to see coming.

And I paid a lot more than $10 for that book.  It's just the nature of buying these mags that people don't realize are collectible.  The eBay gods are fickle gods that giveth and taketh away as they please.  :facepalm:

God bless the folks that pound pavement and hit garage sales and estate sales.  It's very, very rarely paid off for me in the south, and I appreciate the people that do it.  Just take care of muh babies.

Not from this week but this month, as I'm playing catch up here.  I've been looking at various magazine targets in the late 70s early punk rock / new wave era, a lot of neat pubs covering a lot of excellent bands.

I had to have this one and was pleased to find a nice copy / nice deal so soon after starting a search.

Super Rock v01n02 1977-08.Modern Day Periodicals cover Dead Boys and possibly Grace Slick?? on the cover.  A Myron Fass publication.  A slightly transgressive cover :yeehaw:

SuperRockv01n021977-08.ModernDayPeriodicalscoverDeadBoys.thumb.jpg.9e455ca787afbd3922eebb4c0de59924.jpg

Edited by Darwination