• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question about CGC grading

12 posts in this topic

i had gotten a book back from CGC that was missing the 12th page *noted* does not affect story incomplete come back GLOD 6.0

but then i see a book on ebay with the same page missing with the same note getting a .5...

any reason why this happens?

You need to request I think.

Assuming you don't know a page is missing when you send it in, how can you request a Blue label ? I just don't see a window of opportunity in the grading cycle to make this request. It's not officially marked as graded until it is encapsulated.

At that point they would have to crack open the slab and regrade it for a blue label.

Assuming you don't know a page is missing when you send it in, how can you request a Blue label ? I just don't see a window of opportunity in the grading cycle to make this request. It's not officially marked as graded until it is encapsulated.

At that point they would have to crack open the slab and regrade it for a blue label.

thats what got me thinking how does this happen, hm

If you don't know things are missing then there is no way to do it but resub.

Now as far as encapsulated or not, I wonder if the book is shown graded and not capsulated yet, can you call in and ask them to regrade the book with a lower blue label? I am sure Gemma can answer it.

i had gotten a book back from CGC that was missing the 12th page *noted* does not affect story incomplete come back GLOD 6.0

but then i see a book on ebay with the same page missing with the same note getting a .5...

any reason why this happens?

I believe a missing "non-story page" can get a Green Label; a missing story page cannot - it's just incomplete. :grin:

Q: Are you sure it's the same page missing?

Q2: Why would anyone "request" a .5? :roflmao:

Missing pages is an automatic 0.5 blue label - but, yes, you have to request it.

here's the deal...

if the book is above a grade that warrants a green label,i asume mid-grade and up,cgc will GLOD a missing page book with the Q grade.

low grade books will always get a .5 universal...

signature series books missing a page will ALWAYS get a .5 no matter how high grade the book would have been, since there is no green/yellow combo..

Missing pages is an automatic 0.5 blue label - but, yes, you have to request it.

here's the deal...

if the book is above a grade that warrants a green label,i asume mid-grade and up,cgc will GLOD a missing page book with the Q grade.

low grade books will always get a .5 universal...

signature series books missing a page will ALWAYS get a .5 no matter how high grade the book would have been, since there is no green/yellow combo..

now that sounds right since one of the books was a SS....