• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO Will Be My Hero And Step Up For Some KICK A$$ C2E2 Signatures?

192 posts in this topic

Signed I Am

Do you like green labels and spam

I do not like them Signed I am

I do not like them at a con

I do not like them on a pond

I do not like green labels, Signed I Am...

(I will be here all day, try the con nachos...)

Signed I Am

:roflmao:

Signed I Am

En fuego.

chandler this thread is about a cast signing

someone break a leg?

Sorry let me be more specific. This thread is about the signing taking place at C2E2 involving the actors who were in the movie kick@$$

You do know masking will get you a strike

I'm kinda surprised that in 8 pages of posts, nobody has brought up the fact yet that this signing in Chicago is with "select cast members" from the film...

That's code for "whoever we can convince to come to this thing" and it could be the mobsters, Dave L's friends, whoever...

I'm not trying to be negative either but you have to realize the promotions they've already agreed to:

A WonderCon panel with Mark, John, the screenwriter, and "select cast members" (though we know Nic Cage is already in the building that day to promote Sorcerer's Apprentice, so I'd like to think he'd stick around for the Kick @$$ panel)

A London premiere of the film

A Los Angeles premiere of the film (Tuesday, April 13th, apparently)

I'm sure there's other appearances, talk shows and whatnot that I'm not aware of yet. I'm just thinking that this event, which was just announced, may not attract all the top stars.

I'm hoping it does but in case it doesn't, hey, maybe you're not missing much. :)

Joel

I'm confused... I know that Chandler will be at C2E2 but after reading this thread I get the feel that you guys are saying he can't help. Does the fact that this is a cast signing change things?

As far as the "select" cast members go.. when they were here in Austin for SXSW the three main kids were here to sign. I don't see why that it would be something less for C2E2

I'm confused... I know that Chandler will be at C2E2 but after reading this thread I get the feel that you guys are saying he can't help. Does the fact that this is a cast signing change things?

As far as the "select" cast members go.. when they were here in Austin for SXSW the three main kids were here to sign. I don't see why that it would be something less for C2E2

At conventions, more often than not, creators are set up at a table or booth where fans have access for long periods of time throughout the show. With a cast signing like this, they are more likely going to show up, do a panel, sign for 30 minutes or an hour and leave. That means that in order to get the sigs, the person would have to know exactly when and where to be and have a CAW ready to go with them. Very tough to do.

On top of that, it might even be a deal where you have to get a ticket or armband for the signing. Then there's not only having to know when and where to be and having a CAW with you, there's the added element of getting the ticket,

At conventions, more often than not, creators are set up at a table or booth where fans have access for long periods of time throughout the show. With a cast signing like this, they are more likely going to show up, do a panel, sign for 30 minutes or an hour and leave. That means that in order to get the sigs, the person would have to know exactly when and where to be and have a CAW ready to go with them. Very tough to do.

On top of that, it might even be a deal where you have to get a ticket or armband for the signing. Then there's not only having to know when and where to be and having a CAW with you, there's the added element of getting the ticket,

so it's guaranteed?

On top of that, it might even be a deal where you have to get a ticket or armband for the signing. Then there's not only having to know when and where to be and having a CAW with you, there's the added element of getting the ticket.

so it's guaranteed?

Unless they don't show, unless they don't sign, unless it's ticketed/raffled, unless there's no CAW nearby at the right time, it's guaranteed.

And if this is the case of the 3 main kids, you can expect whatever SXSW to look like a local comic book shop signing. It will be insane and any person trying to make money at C2E2 (which most will be that have been brought up as possible people to help) will not focus on this but the 100 books they could be getting done at the same time.

Sad to say, but the truth and the way things are now.

We ALL had it great for a long time, and this might be an EPIC time for CGC SS on the secondary market. Getting signatures is now tougher...no pain, no gain. As I said before, try to get out to shows where CGC is at people, I think this is going to be 90% of how subs will be 'got'

JJ