• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling...

63 posts in this topic

Obviously one of the big dealers in NY was not happy with his 1 star rating and got CGC to pull the plug on the whole star deal. THE WHEELS ARE IN MOTION!

Will the rating of the threads be the next to go?!?

Timely

Not only are the stars missing, it seems any ref to them as well. Not even a "you ranked this user xxx number of stars" when you look at their profile.

Could this be the beginning of things to come? What next? No more Titles? Then we won't have names - only numbers! err - wait - that already kinda HAD happened last year!

Its a madhouse. A MAAADDDDDHOUSE!!!!!!!!!! Architect is PEOPLE!

Obviously one of the big dealers in NY was not happy with his 1 star rating and got CGC to pull the plug on the whole star deal.

I can think of a couple of other more obvious hissy fits about the whole star system that might have contributed.

In all seriousness, it's probably just a performance fix. Pulling out all the star related database calls, etc. isn't a bad idea. It kills two birds with one stone- it stops grown men from acting like whiny little babies because of their star rating AND it'll help speed up the boards.

In all seriousness, it's probably just a performance fix. Pulling out all the star related database calls, etc. isn't a bad idea. It kills two birds with one stone- it stops grown men from acting like whiny little babies because of their star rating AND it'll help speed up the boards.

So, does this mean that the sky isn't falling, and I can't leave work early???

A well-placed Soilent Green reference is good for the soul. thumbsup2.gif27_laughing.gif

Not only are the stars missing, it seems any ref to them as well. Not even a "you ranked this user xxx number of stars" when you look at their profile.

Could this be the beginning of things to come? What next? No more Titles? Then we won't have names - only numbers! err - wait - that already kinda HAD happened last year!

Its a madhouse. A MAAADDDDDHOUSE!!!!!!!!!! Architect is PEOPLE!

No, the sky probably isn't falling.

As for leaving work early I'm leaving at 4:00, so as far as I'm concerned you're free to go thumbsup2.gif

No, the sky probably isn't falling.

As for leaving work early I'm leaving at 4:00, so as far as I'm concerned you're free to go thumbsup2.gif

I like that idea...would you be my boss? flowerred.gif